What's new

DIY channel airing a HOW TO show on Home Theater construction! (1 Viewer)

captaincrash

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Hey folks...

This week on the DIY (Do It Yourself) channel they are running a How to Build it show series on building a home theater! It airs every day at 6:30PM ... and it started a few days ago!

And since we have mostly missed several episodes - they were nice enough to replay ALL 5 of the episodes all together in a mini-marathon on Saturday/Sunday morning/evening this weekend! Check your local schedule for the exact show times!

I DVR'd yesterdays and todays' ... having just watched some of one episode... and it is quite cool with tips and live examples of many issues they are contending with. At one point they were building a floating wall, and floor. They were addressing the use of alternating wall panels to deal with high and low frequency reflections. Sound transmission through doors. Building low cost set ups for a bed and breakfast suite using, among other things - a home made screen as opposed to an expensive professionally made screen. And much much more!

So if you can get the DIY channel... check out the saturday morning schedule - or try to catch the show being aired tomorrow at 6:30PM... assuming the schedule is the same in your part of the country!

Here is a convenient link to the DIY home page with home theater building sho info... http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_..._36343,00.html

Cheers!

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
There is only 4 episodes and they aired them all back to back a couple of weeks ago. They take an HT from start to finish. There is some good info in there. The most interesting for me was the rough construction.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have 5 episodes on my Tivo right now and if you look at the DIY site, they list episodes DHTW-101 through DHTW-105.

-Robert

This series aired a yr. ago, i think in HD also on another ch. At this point it's not up to date with latest display technology such as 1080p but still fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtAD