What's new

DIY- Audioquest Type 4 bi-wire (1 Viewer)

scott cerv

Stunt Coordinator
I just went yesterday and got some Audioquest Type 4 cable. My question is this. If I want to bi-wire must I get a pair of cables and spade both 17awg and 20 awg of each cable to run to each post or just run 1 cable to each speaker placing the 20 to the tweeter and 17 to the woofer.

SC

Richard_T

Second Unit
I use one cable per speaker and run the 17 to the woffer and the 20 to the tweeter which I think should be fine. I'd love to hear what others think though. Just want to know if I'm doing it right too. :) I think you will be quite happy with your purchase! Enjoy:emoji_thumbsup:

James Edward

Supporting Actor
I ordered a bi-wired set of type 4 directly from Audioquest and they used two cables per speaker. 17 gauge seems kind of thin. But I guess if it's a short run, it won't matter as much. Mine are 25 feet in length...

Having two cables per speaker does make you look like a 'serious audiophile' when people peek behind the cabinet. That has to count for something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.