What's new

DIY AC Power Cord (1 Viewer)

David A. Frattaroli

Stunt Coordinator
For those of you who may be interested: I've just begun a series of mods to my DVD player and other HT components.
The first is a DIY braided power cord that I learned about on another forum. I'm documenting the process on my web site: Link Removed in the DIY section. So far, I've illustrated the braiding process and the parts required for the cord. I'm still trying to confirm wether or not my cable geometry is right.
Other mods I'll be documenting are:
Other DIY power cords, adding Microsorb under the transport, EAR little feet, Capacitors soldered across hot and neutral and installing an IEC socket onto a component so that the DIY cords can be dettached.
It's pretty cool if you're interested in taking the gear you have and getting more out of them.
Regards.
Dave

David A. Frattaroli

Stunt Coordinator
I changed some of the pics on the DIY Power Cord page because I had the braid geometry wrong and had to re-wrap the braid. It's a little tighter now and looks different too.

David A. Frattaroli

Stunt Coordinator
I've attached the connectors. Tomorrow, I'll polish the plug blades and test for continuity.
The DIY web page at Link Removed has been updated.

Clay Autery

Stunt Coordinator
Been out of the loop for a while... What's the advantage of the braided cable?
Is it supposed to reduce/kill the mag field around the cord? Reduce Power Influence?
Thanks... I'm a cable freek... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks