What's new

DIY 7.1 Speaker System with some $$ to spend (1 Viewer)

Ted White

Agent
This is obviously THE site for DIY theater speakers. Just curious if there is concensus on what the best overall package looks like and where the recipe might be.

The plan is for three identical fronts, and a sub. Sides and rears could be slightly different from the mains.

Quality, vs. low cost is the goal. I'm not much of a researcher, but I have a big shop and access to electrical equipment.

Any winning recipes?

Ted

A

Anthony_Gomez

If you can give us the budget for all the 7.1 componets, we can get you started (drivers/XO/misc/subamp)

How big of a room?

Ted White

Agent
I'd like to stay under $350 in drivers / x-overs per speaker. I have MDF coming out the wazoo so that's covered.

Ted

A

Anthony_Gomez

this should do very well for you with HT
Link Removed
just add an additiona pair of speaker kits.
need more bass?..and a second tempest/amp kit

Ted White

Agent
I realize there are many system recipes for sale, but I recall from a few years ago there were sites dedicated to winning designs.

Any systems that anyone is actually using, loves raves and tells everyone else tu build? Maybe my budget's too low. How about $500 per speaker for drivers and x-overs?

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks