What's new

DIY 201's? (1 Viewer)

Kevin G.

Second Unit
OK Is this a DIY or speaker/subwoofer thread?
I mistakenly bought a pair of Bose 201 v.5's in the spring, (it was before I knew about this forum and quality)!!
I now have a matched set of Paradigms on the front and ctr.
now to my question, I am counting on the 201's(which I moved to the rear...) failing miserably, and like everyone else, would eventually like to move to building my own.
In the interim, could the 201's be forced to be a good speaker by installing better drivers and crossovers or should they just be used for target practice?

TimForman

Supporting Actor
201's were pretty typical of the Bose direct/reflect philosophy IIRC. As such, they shouldn't be terrible for surrounds although timbre matching may be an issue. I think I'd go ahead and use them as is until the time came where I could get something more closely matching the rest of the combo. I'm not a big believer in putting better drivers in an existing box. I'm more inclined to put the existing drivers into a better box, though I'm not sure that's worth it in this case. Just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks