DIY 2001 - Texas region

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeAcc, Sep 2, 2001.

1. MikeAcc

MikeAcc Agent

The Texas DIY 2001 that the Madisound board does every year will have a Texas location. It will be in Wichita Falls, hosted by Danny Richie of GR Research. The event will be Friday and Saturday, November, 2nd, & 3rd. Judging of entries will be held Friday, Saturday will be open for demoing, chit chat, eating etc. There will be some sponsers and manufacturers there with brochures and gear set up.
    You do not have to have an entry to attend. There will be Kits, DIY, and retail gear and speakers.
    Go to GR Researh, www.gr-research.com and fill out the attendance form if you plan on attending.
    I know there are a lot of Austin guys here, so I thought i would give the heads up.
    Mark, you going to make it??

2. Mark Hayenga

Mark Hayenga Supporting Actor

If I can get myself motivated for that six hour drive I'll be there [​IMG] Jonathan Atkins will probably come along too(Austin folk may remember him from the first local HTF meet at Hank's). I'll have a pair or two of my own speakers to bring along, and probably another pair from a non-attending friend.
    We should find out who all wants to go and coordinate a car pool or something.
    Well, it's back to the Tempest subs now... btw dust collection absolutely *rocks*.
    Mark

3. Mark Hayenga

Mark Hayenga Supporting Actor

BTW, Bob Stout (Mr. LDSG) is also thinking about attending.
    Mark

4. Mac F

Mac F Agent

I'm new to this forum, but not the hobby. I don't really know what this one is all about, but if they are going to have it in my own back yard, I will certainly make every effort to be there. [​IMG]

5. MikeAcc

MikeAcc Agent

Mark,
    Hopefully you guys can make it, I look forward to meeting you. I hope Bob brings his HE sub along, of course if he is flying in, that may be a problem.
    MacF,
    The DIY contest is a get together for DIYers that bring speakers they have built and tweaked themselves. This is an opportunity for them to pit them against other DIY designs. They have prizes for the diferent entries. A panel of judges will do blind listening test with them. They have different classes as well, open class, where everything goes, no restrictions. A $150 and under class, where the finished product would cost no more than $150.
    There will also be kits to hear, designs that have been built and offered to us through various people. This is a chance to hear some of the kits and see how they stack up.
    A quick note, there is no fee to attend, just show up and listen.
    Sunday is also available to go to GR Research and tour the site.
    MacF, go to www.madisound.com you can find some more info on the DIY contest if you like.

6. Keith Shaw

Keith Shaw Agent

Sounds like a cool event. I might attend, even if I don't have anything current to bring.
    Mark, I think I remember you from when I was a student at UT and they were thinking about moving the bass list. I've been doing gearhead stuff for the last year or two (including a gearhead job), but it's nice to see the List is still thriving.
    Keith Shaw
    PS- is Scott Hinson still alive? I emailed him a while back, but never got a response