Dixie Chicks Home

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Joy, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

OK. I must admit that as a child a was forced to hear hours of old time country music from my dad(now of which I prefer to new country). I rebelled and sworn off country music since(well almost). I moved to Oklahoma from Chicago 7 years ago and my wife is a big country fan, hard not to where we live. Well she is also a HUGE Dixie Chick fan. The first album was good, the second weak except for "Earl", and this new one is(Gulp, take a deep breath) excellent! I can't believe I am listening to this more than my Stones SACD! I have also been getting into bluegrass and there is a some great BG on this disc. White Trash Wedding is hilarious. If you have children, Godspeed takes me almost to tears(thinking about my kids), and Travelin' Soldier finished off the crying eyes!
    GOT TO GET BACK TO THE STONES AND SHRUG OFF THIS THREAD!
    Oh well, thats my therapy for the week.[​IMG]
    By the way, this is an awesome recording! The back labor states HDCD. You can play this very loud (did I really Say that[​IMG]) with no distortion.

2. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

I can't say that I'm a big fan (although I like a few of their songs) but I really like their cover of Fleetwood Mac's Landslide on this new release.

3. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Yeah, I heard the cover of "Landslide" on CMT and it's great. This is a "Must Buy" for me. SACD available?

4. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Danny, I doubt this is coming out on SACD. But I have no evidence to back up that statement. Listening to it on regular CD right now and I'm very impressed. Both with the music and the sonic quality. Very good recording.

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Thanks for the opinions. Need to drive by Best Buy and pick this up.

6. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

This CD is easily the best one I've heard all year, in any musical genre. There aren't that many pieces of music that can move me to tears, but some songs on this CD did just that. Natalie, Emily, and Martie are superb singers and musicians, and the folks they got to help them out with the CD are top notch. I anticipate this one being in very heavy rotation among my CD's.

7. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

I have a different perspective after listening to it for awhile. I am admittedly not a country music fan but do like what people have dubbed the "new" country music like the Faith Hill's, Shania Twain's and the Dixie Chicks. (Hmmm, there seems to be a correlation of attractive women there. [​IMG] )
    I really liked the first two albums and in particular the second album.
    Anyway, Landslide is an excellent song and the remake of the Steve Nicks song is quite good. One thing about this album is the return to their "roots" of country music and maybe that is what makes me like this less than the other two. Its still not bad at all with Natalie's excellent vocals but its a little too country for a non-country fan.
    Patrick

8. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    My local Best Buy was out of this CD yesterday...I'll be driving around today until I find it [​IMG]

9. Gregory E

Gregory E Second Unit

You know, it's my goal in life to start a 3 man country group called the Chixie Dicks.....
    Sorry. Couldn't help myself. [​IMG]

10. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I don't think the Chicks should be lumped together with Hill and Twain. I like all three, but their styles are very different.
    "Home" is an excellent album, a more rootsy country feel to it. The third song, about the letter from the soldier, is such a tearjerker. Can't wait for the video, it would be a waste not to make a tearjerker vidoe out of it too. [​IMG]