Dixie Chicks, Home - HDCD or NOT!!??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Mohr, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Jim Mohr

Jim Mohr Auditioning

This is the FIRST disk that is marked HDCD that fails to get recognized by my system. Can anyone else confirm one way or the other???
    Thanks
    J

I am using a Rotel RSP-1066 to decode and have tried with both my CD player and DVD

Calling QC 1-800-255-7514 was oblivious to any problems

2. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

Jim,
    I have seen related threads to this at Audio Asylum and Steve Hoffman. I think I read posts where other listeners had similar occurences. Go over there and try a search(good luck at AA [​IMG] ).
    In any event, this disc sounds awesome on my non HDCD 222ES player:b

3. Jim Mohr

Jim Mohr Auditioning

Thanks Dan -
    I DID find a reference to the same problem on the Steve Hoffman board... It 'surprises' me that Sony did NOT hear about the problem before me! ... right... Thanks again and the SH boards seem a good place to waste a little time...
    j

Dave Mason remasters! about time that guy gets a little respect.

4. Dale Ridgeway

Dale Ridgeway Stunt Coordinator

I see that this thread thread has been dead for some time.
    I just purchased my dixie chicks CD today., and the HDCD on my avr8000 doesnt kick in. Whats the deal?
    Is this a standard CD or HDCD? It sounds great, but since I have the capabilty to play HDCD's I want it. My wife has two of their prior albums that are HDCD's and the back of the CD indicates such.
    Ive done searches and I cant find anything.
    any help would be appriciated.

5. JerryIII

JerryIII Stunt Coordinator

Dale,
    I would like to find the answer to this question too. I have the same album and my RSP-1066 dosen't pick up that it is an HDCD either.

Jerry

6. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

I remember reading that someone got a reply from the record company that was indeed not HDCD.
    Anyways, I bought the Evening With The Dixie Chicks DVD which has the entire Home set on it plus some stand by'. Excellant recording, sounds as good as the disc! I recommend!

7. Dale Ridgeway

Dale Ridgeway Stunt Coordinator

thanks for the reply.
    Looks like that it's not an HDCD [​IMG]
    Although it looks like its a standard CD, it sounds superb. Just makes you wonder what could have been. An SACD would be nice. (hint hint hint Sony!!!)
    Im glad someone mentioned the concert, I picked it up for my wife this week at CC for $12.99!
    Country music is not really my cup of tea, but these women are awesome. And as a bonus the sound quality of the concert is, dare I say, REFERENCE MATERIAL[​IMG]
    Dale