What's new

Divorce Court (1980s) (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I assume this is Warner Brothers property. Am I right? Any chance of a MOD release?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I thought it wound up with Fox. I would love to see the classic episodes that I grew up with in the 60s, with Judge Voltaire Perkins. Who knows if those 2 inch tapes are even around anymore. I know they have around a dozen at Library of Congress at least.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
There were all kinds of "court" shows over the map in the 80s I remember as afternoon TV staples. In addition to "Divorce Court" there was "Superior Court" (Ralph Edwards Production) and "The Judge" and of course "People's Court." USA did repeats of all but "The Judge" in the 90s (oddly when they did "Superior Court" they aired the episodes literally in reverse production order starting with the final season with Raymond St. Jacques playing the Judge)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
USA did repeats of all but "The Judge" in the 90s (oddly when they did "Superior Court" they aired the episodes literally in reverse production order starting with the final season with Raymond St. Jacques playing the Judge)

Why would they run Superior Court in reverse?

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I remember Superior Court with Judge Jakes. The Peoples Court had Judge Wopner. and Divorce Court of that Era had Judge William B Keene. Judge Keene Died in 2018

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
On Superior Court it was originally Judge Joseph Burns, and then he was replaced by Judge Jill Jakes and Judge Louis Welch alternating, and then they went to having Raymond St. Jacques playing a judge rather than using a real ex-judge.

Superior Court also had a number of character actors you'd recognize from 60s-70s TV showing up in either recurring roles as attorneys (Burr DeBenning as one attorney) and one time I even saw Natalie Schafer playing a witness in one episode!

The Judge was also a case where you had an actor playing a judge. All of them were "family court" cases.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Why would they run Superior Court in reverse?

No idea why, but that's literally what they did. They went backwards starting with St. Jacques to Jakes/Welch and finally back to the initial episodes with Burns. And if you were a regular viewer you'd get confused since a couple episodes actually involved recurring attorney/characters later getting convicted of crimes but since the episodes were running backwards they' be popping up again after their legal troubles!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks