Divas

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RichardG, Mar 4, 2002.

1. RichardG

RichardG Auditioning

Sean D,

could you let me know how your purchase went and what you think about the speakers once you get it all up. I know that you will probably need a break in period so i'll take that into consideration. Thanks a lot!

2. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

I sure will Richard. I'm looking forward to getting them. Hopefully I'll have them Friday.

3. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

Hi Richard,

I picked up my speakers yesterday at the airport. Huge boxes and packaged very well as you have probably read elsewhere. These things are really beautiful in appearance, fit and finish. Very high quality.The screws on the binding posts for the 6.1's are huge, almost the diameter of a nickel. The ones on the 2.1's aren't quite as big. I must say that I have NO REGRETS at all on selling my Energy setup. These things sound great right out of the box. I can just imagine how they will sound after break-in. The bass on the 6.1's is quite deep, deeper than I thought they would be actually. The imaging and soundstage is very nice as well. I would have to say that everything I have read about the Divas is true. If you are sitting on the fence I'd say go for it, for the money you won't be disappointed. They strike me as speakers that should cost alot more. I have no regrets at all, in fact I'm a happy guy. I'll post more as time goes on. I've only listened to them for about 6 hours so far and most of it has been my 6.1's . My C3 center should hopefully be shipping this week, it was on back order.

Sean

4. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

Congrats on your new purchase Sean, enjoy! If you don't mind my asking, can you break down your total out of pocket costs (inclusding shipping).

5. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

Thanks alot Drew. I bought the Diva 6.1 mains , 2.1 for rears and C3 center. The 6.1's cost $1299 , the 2.1's were $399 and they threw in the C3 $499 at no charge. I also bought the 2.1 stands which are normally $199 for $125.

Shipping to my place , Ottawa , Ontario , Canada was $254.

I also had to pay duty and taxes.

Are you thinking of getting Divas Drew? They are really sweet.

6. Mark LS

Mark LS Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the nice comments Sean...

Break in IS an issue... so hit them real hard for 100 hours or so...

Please let us know if we can help in any way...

All the best...

mls

7. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

Thanks very much Mark. I just realized that I left out one HUGE factor in my purchase. The customer service from Russell and Steve at AV123 was top notch. I dealt with them both via email and phone calls, they were extremely helpful and more than willing to answer any of my questions regardless of how petty they may have been. I'd deal with them again in a second. It's people like them as well as Tom and Ron from SVS that remove the stress or worry out of buying over the internet. At least they did for me anyway. My hat goes off to them [​IMG]

8. RichardG

RichardG Auditioning

Thanks Sean for the update! I think I am gonna go ahead and make the plunge. After reading all of the threads in this forum and avs I think I am going to go with the 4.1 package, c3, and the 2.1. I would love to go bigger with the 6.1 and the r3 but I am taking into consideration my budget and my room configuration. I live in an apartment and I won't be able to drive any speaker that loud. Also I am going with the 2.1 by reading some of Mark L. S recommendation in avs and other sources. My living room opens up to the dining room and is also connnected to a hallway. I have half of a back wall to work with but I won't be able to put the rear speakers close to the back wall because of the barrier it would pose trying to walk through the hallway. I wouln't be able to get full use of the r3's or 6.1. Since I am about 50/50 music and movies, I will go with the 4.1's. If home theater was about 60/40 I would of gone with the 5.1's. I don't believe you can go wrong with any choice. Thanks again Sean and feel free to give more input! BTW, what subwoofer are you going to use and w/ what reciever? Thanks again!

9. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

Thanks for the info Sean. It's not prudent for me to upgrade at this point, but it's always nice to dream. [​IMG]

10. Mark LS

Good Morning Richard...

Good decisions all the way around... I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your choices... and the versitility of the 4.1's etc. in this system for music...

2.1's for the rear in this kind of configuration is the answer...

All the best...

mls

11. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

Hi Richard,
    I'm sure you'll be happy with the 4.1's, the little 2.1 sound really nice so I would imagine the 4.1's sound great.
    i am currently using an Anthem MCA5 II to power my speakers and I'm using a Marantz sr7000 as my pre/pro until the Outlaw 950 comes out. I am also using dual SVS 20-39cs subs with a Samson s700 amp . Good decision on the Divas Richard, I doubt very highly that you'll be disappointed. What are you using right now?
    Drew....I hear ya. [​IMG]

12. Mark LS

Hello Sean...

Just a short note of thanks for your comments on our guys here at av123.com. This means more to me than you can imagine...

Building a business and a brand is ALL about the people... and we have a wonderful group here...

Again... thanks for the recognition...

All the best...

mls

13. Bill Bradstreet

Bill Bradstreet Stunt Coordinator

Guys, stop talking about these Divas! I need to get a job first!! First thing I'm doing when I have a new contract is get a pair of 6.1s!!! :) They will be purely for music in my livingroom.

Hope to be calling in a week.

14. Mark LS

Hey Bill...
    We'll be here when you're ready... [​IMG]
    All the best...
    mls

15. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

Hi Mark...I have no problems giving credit where credit is due. You and your guys have been very helpful both in private and on the forums( mostly AVS) that I have read.

It's nice to see this type of service.

Good luck on the contract Bill.

16. RichardG

RichardG Auditioning

Mark...Your too good to be true...I mean that from the bottom of my heart and this is a response to the PM you sent me on the AVS forum about the 6.1's.

Sean D.

right now i have an Onkyo Tx-ds575 and an Atlantic technology System 170 (good little system btw) soon to be replaced of course. I purchased these about 2.4 years ago. I don't think the divas were out then, If they were I should of known about them. but anyway that is what I will be using to drive my speakers. I was thinking about selling the Onkyo and then give all my money to av123.com but I may have keep it for a while. I have some tributaries cable and interconnects which are nice and neutral. I'll keep those for awhile. I probably will get that PT stuff and maybe some onix equipment a little bit later from av123. I am about to graduate this May so I haven't made any money yet. But I have a job lined up and will make these purchases when the money and time is right. well enjoy your speakers and hopefully i'll be joining da fam soon.

17. Mark LS

Wow...
    Nice stuff...
    Thanks guys... [​IMG]
    We are busy apologizing to everyone for our continued back order situation. This was nice to wake up to...
    All the best...
    mls

18. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

Mark , does this mean that the C3's haven't come in yet?

19. Mark LS

Hi Sean...

I guess I should have qualified that a bit more...

We JUST got in a 40-foot high cube from China loaded with goods... We shipped out virtually every speaker that was in that container...

More are coming... and depending on where you were (are) in the queue... that would determine your ship status... Your salesperson would know this data...

Please let me know if I can help in any way...

All the best...

mls