Diva's Are In!!! Pic Included

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoelM, May 31, 2002.

1. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

Well here they are Finally!!!
    http://www.geocities.com/benefic2001/diva.jpg
    I am in the process of hooking these badboys up but couldn't resist thanking all of you who pointed me in this direction. So far I am loving the looks of these things. The center looks a bit different then I thought. A newer model perhaps? I remember the tweeter being elevated sort of like the 6.1's. I love the new look if that is the case.
    My girlfriend was visited by US Freight ways this morning I I couldn't believe it only took 3 days to get here. Very well packaged. Double Boxed with Styrofoam galore bags that keep the speakers from scratch free. I'm to excited and must get them up to write a review here is my equipment thus far
    (2)SVS25-31CS+
    (1)Sampson1000
    (1)Denon2802
    (1)Parasound2003a
    (1)Parasound855
    DIVA 6.1 PACKAGE I'm considering another pair of R3's for the back surrounds in the future.

2. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

3. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

Nice setup. The Divas look cool. Getting new toys is better than Christmas huh?
    let's hear a review when you are up and running.

4. Winston_T

Winston_T Agent

Yes the center speaker (C3) is slightly different. The tweeter was moved into the main enclosure. Based off of feedback from it's customers (and others?) they moved it to the inside. This makes it alot easier to place for people. From the things people have been saying, they sound the same. Some people prefer the old style (to have the tweeters all on top for the front or whatever), some people prefer it on the inside (for ease of placement or whatever. Everyone has thier own reason don't you know! [​IMG] ).
    Break them in and the sound will just get better. These take a while to break in. I'm into hour 8.5 of mine. Just got them today... err Friday. Not only that but I already have 2 requests for audition! Check out audioenvy.com and sign up if you like. I haven't... yet.
    Oh yeah. People (or at least what I gather people say) seem to think getting to the 30 hour mark makes a marked improvement, 100 hours is pretty much broken in and 300 hours is truely broken in. Diminishing returns and all that.

5. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

Congrats Joel.....beauty setup,(those R3's look huge)hit them hard for about 100 hours or so......you're in for a treat. Any chance of getting some side shots of the 6.1's......I love looking at the different grain patterns of the Divas I've seen on the net.
    I hope to get some pics of my setup in the near future as well.

6. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Joel;

Congratulations on the purchase. I can tell you that you are in for many hours of pure audio enjoyment with that system. The best part is, the Divas will start to sound even better the more you play them!

Keep us posted with your thoughts and opinions.