What's new

Diva speaker owners! (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I was just wondering why there were not any reviews of the speakers on:

audioreview.com

??? Do you think any of you could give some reviews for those people who look there to check some more reviews of products before they buy? Thanks!

BTW: How do you like your speakers?

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Heya Grady. This is an old question by now. Unfortunately I'm not sure why there aren't any reviews there. It's been submitted many times but it never gets added. Here are the reviews that I know of:
Link Removed
CHT review of 2.1, C3 and R3
CHT bookshelf shootout
Stereo Times 6.1 Review
and I am assuming you have read this thread.
I've been really pleased with the Diva's since I got them in August. They blend beautifully with the SVS's. Which model did you order?
Sean

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Thanks Sean

Yes I have already been to those reviews and I never knew that the reviews had been submitted, but never posted. Sorry if I brought up some bad feelings. I might try to contact audioreview.com and see what is going on.

Thanks for your help!

The speakers I ordered are:

4.1 Pair

R3 Pair

CC3

and one 2.1 for the back center channel.

I still am working on how to suspend that 2.1 from the ceiling facing downward. My couch is against the back wall of my living room Apt, and I have no other place to put it. My walls are cinder block, but I think my ceiling is plaster. Know of any way I can suspend my back center channel from the ceiling without drilling holes into the speaker? Thanks!!!

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
No bad feelings Grady, sorry if it sounded that way. I was just saying that many have tried and AR doesn't seem to want to bother. I don't know the real story.

As for the speaker, I would get some two straps at a local hardware store. There is room at the top and bottom of the enclosure for the straps to rest without affecting sound. You can wrap that speaker and then install a hook or similar device in a stud in the ceiling.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Well:

I sent an email to AR and I still have not received any message back explaining the Diva speaker reviews.

Hmmm, Man, I wish they would actually put them up. I think that the Divas might actually be hurt by them not being on there, because the company is in direct competition with Axiom and the Axiom speakers are all over the website!

Bad form, Peter, Bad Form! (Peter Pan)

Russell W

Agent
Grady and Sean,

We are still working to get AR to add the Diva's to the review list. We hope to work with AR to resolve as soon as possible. We hope that many like yourselves continue to assist us by emailing AR with your request.

BTW, thank you both for your business and support.

Russell Woolfolk

AV123.com

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Russell!!!

Glad to see that you make it out to the HTF every now and then! Hope you are doing well, and I will continue to pray for you and your family, and even the business.

Please let me know what I can do to get AR to put the divas up on the review list so I can put up my review of them! I really do think that this can be a decent hindrance to you and the company, to anyone who is a semi-internet HTer. AR is too commonly known not to have your product on it!

Please let us all know how to fix the situation! Take care and hope to speak to you soon!

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
Grady, you can send an email to [email protected] with "Product Suggestion" in the subject line. The more people who do this the better.
Feel free to copy/paste the following:

Dear Sir(s):
Please add the following speaker to your database for review:
Rating: 5/5
Item: Tower speaker
Manufacturer: Swans
Product/Model: Diva 6.1
MSRP: $1299/pair
Link: http://www.av123.com/diva_61.shtml
Photo: http://www.av123.com/images/diva_61_prods.jpg
Short Description:
The Diva 6.1 is a 3-way, 4-driver speaker that combines the
performance of a top-mounted German silk dome tweeters, a premium Kevlar-impregnated and dispersion-modified midrange driver, and two paralleled alloy-coned 8-inch woofers. Featuring natural rosewood veneer and "piano-lacquered" top and bottom caps, the Diva 6.1 is a beatiful to both the eyes and ears.
Technical specifications:
Type of system.............. 3-way, 4-driver system, 4th-order vented
alignment
Frequency response ......... 27Hz-20kHz
Efficiency.................. 88 dB
Nominal impedance........... 8 ohm
Power handling ............. 20-200 watts
Finish ..................... Rosewood veneer
Dimensions (W x D x H) ..... 11.75 x 15.2 x 41.25 inches
Weight ..................... 71.5 lbs each
I will immediately add my review (5/5) as soon as this item is added to the database.
Thank you for your consideration,

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I have actually already done something like this, but I will do it again from my two other email address to see if we can get something done about it.

I just wish they would have sent me a response to the first email! Man, even a computer email telling me they will be responding to it in the future would have been nice.

Oh well, keep the good fight!

Strength and Honor

Walt N

Second Unit
AR has problems at the top and the webmaster Paul (poor guy) gets about 200-300 complaint e-mails a day. He really is a very nice guy so please, be patient and go easy on him. Say something nice to him if you will, I think he needs the encouragement!

Russell W

Agent
Thanks Grady,

My family really appreciates your prayers and support. We are truly blessed to be apart of this business and this wonderful network of people like yourself.

Steve's suggestion is correct. The more people we can get to request the Diva's addition to AR the better our chances are. However, be mindful that there are thousands of speaker brands and I'm sure they (AR) have been hit up by most.

Please call us if we can assist in anyway with your Diva's.

Russell Woolfolk

AV123.com

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I have never used anger in any responses to anyone at AR. I appreciate what they do for the AV community on the web and it is a wonderful website. One of the first I turn to to read if I plan on buying something.

I learned a long time ago you don't get things done by bashing someone. You always encourage them and even ask to help if you can. I will send a note to let Paul know how much I appreciate him and his job!

Anytime you provide a place that allows people to put their opinions on a website for all the world to see you must expect that they will get complaints. Opinions seem to always precede complaints most of the time.

Russell W

Agent
Grady you are absolutely correct. We never try to put any negative pressure on anyone about reviewing or posting are speakers on their web site. We'll work with anyone. We'll continue focusing on making an exceptional product backed with awesome customer service. Eventually, everyone will

stand up and take notice. So we don't place any demands and are thankful of the support we have.

Russell Woolfolk

AV123.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks