Diva C3 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeT, Jul 26, 2002.

1. DeT

DeT Agent

Hi, I am a newbie to this board and to home theater.

I purchased a Diva system consist of 6.1, C3 and 2.1. My system doesn't have the subwoofer and I used the Denon 3802 to drive it.

The set up from the receiver is C3 and 2.1 set to small, front L and R are large and subwoofer to NO.

I am really happy of how everything sound, the 6.1 is totally excellent. But I am currently having some problem with the center speaker and I don't know if its my newbie ears or something else.

The problem is the center sound really not that good. It doesn't have the oommph or the fullness of the two front. It sound a bit better than my TV speaker, but that's about it. The sound is kinda dry and boxy.

When I play 5 channels stereo, I can totally tell that the center is sound differently than the 2 front one. I thought they sound some somewhat the same.

I have tested it by set it to large, change the distance from the receiver. Swap the front wire with it. Increase the db something by 2. Swap it with one of the 6.1. When I swap it with the 6.1, I did noticed the center portion sound so much better. So much be the C3 problem or something.

I also ran to Magnolia Hi-Fi and bring a DVD with me to compare their Def Tech center with mine, and their did sound better.

No, I don't have the sound meter or the Avia test disk yet, I am sort of out of money now. But I don't think that would make any different since I have issue with how it sound.

By the way, I live in Spokane, WA and it would be nice if anyone have the Diva system that live here to let me hear how your C3 should sound like. Or if someone like to run over to my house to listen to the C3 to make sure my ears are not mess up or something since this is my first system I may expect too much. Please pm me or something to let me know if you interested.

thanks

2. Jason_Me

Jason_Me Stunt Coordinator

www.avsforum.com has an *Official Divas Support Thread*, where people from AV123 will answer your questions.

3. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

Hi DeT. Sorry to hear about the trouble. The C3 is a pretty formidable piece...it should sound a heck of a lot better than your TV speakers!

Can you e-mail me a picture of your set up? I would like to see the set up before sending you a new C3. Maybe we can get this figured out remotely...

Thanks!

Sean

4. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

DeT, Sean is correct that you need to give more details of your system setup before we can help you with improving the C3's performance. One thing for sure is without a SPL meter you can be quite a bit off going by listening. Tilting the C3 up or down to compensate for the tweeter height difference may help as well. I have a Def Tech BP2000/CLR2000/BPX system running my HT and can tell you confidently that the C3 is equal if not better than the Def Tech esp in dialog & bass extension. Do post the same question over @ AVS under the long Diva thread and see if any local owner may take notice and help you out either in person or letting you borrow the equipment needed. Cheers.

PF

5. DeT

DeT Agent

thanks guys. I'll run over to AVS and register there later. I'll also take the picture of my system and send to Sean on the weekend too.

6. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

I have a similar setup -- Diva 4.1, C3, 2.1s, Denon AVR 2800, no subwoofer (where is that Diva/Rocket sub already [​IMG]). The one difference is that I have all the speakers set to "large" in the Denon config. Anyway, give that a shot. My C3 certainly sounds fine.
    Ted