What's new

Diva 4.1, what do you think? (1 Viewer)

WilliamJay

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, that review focuses on the 2.1 and I am more interested in the 4.1. If anyone owns these speakers or has heard them I would appreciate your comments.

Also, if anyone is in the Boston/Brookline area and would not mind, I would appreciate the opportunity to listen to your 4.1s if possible.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
William,

If you don't get any response here, try the Diva thread on AVS. Someone will surely help you with a review of the 4.1's.

Russ

PomingF

Second Unit
WJ, if you head over to the AVS forum and patiently go through the two long Diva posts you should be able to find a few folks who bought the 4.1's or even other Diva owners in MA. The entire Diva line uses the same tweeter & mid/base drivers (besides difference in dimensions) except the 6.1 & C3 each has it's own dedicated midrange driver. What you read about one you can kinda extrapolate (at least in general character) among the 2.1, 4.1 or even the 5.1 except the 5.1 uses two mid/bass drivers instead of one.

Hope it helps.

PF

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
PMF,

Hey man. I have been tempted to compare the 4.1 to the 2.1, but have held off because of the dual mid/bass woofers in the 4.1. Since I have never heard the 4.1, it would be extrapolating as you said, and I'm afraid of making too much of a stretch. I wish someone who has the 4.1 and 2.1 would do a comparison. I just suspect that they sound VERY similar.

Russ

PomingF

Second Unit
Russ, somehow I thought the 4.1 only has one mid-bass driver. I guess the difference b/w the 4.1 & 5.1 is in the driver size then. Btw, how's your Dynaco experiment with the Diva's?

PF

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
William,
I had forgotten that there was a 4.1 review by John Johnson a few months ago at Link Removed Search for Diva and it comes up.
PMF,
We didn't get a chance to run the Dynaco as promised due to too much going on. I hope to get together with my friend who has the ST70 in the next week or so. I'll let you know what happens. He LOVES that thing, but to tell the truth,I'm still holding out for the Outlaw. Those used tubes are really fetching a premium on Ebay. If I could pick up one for fun to play with I would, but I don't want to stick serious bucks into it until I get the rest of my upgrade plan finished. ER.... wait a minute, that doesn't actually happen does it?
Russ
It doesn't look like the mods are planning to shut down the Diva thread any time soon. I thought they would at 500 like the last one, but they are getting a lot of hits on it so maybe that's good. Thanks for the nomination though.:b

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
PMF,

Aren't you in SA? There is a good chance that if the stars are in the right place, I will be spending Christmas there.

Russ

PomingF

Second Unit
Russ, if you happen to be down south in Alamo country, feel free to stop by. Just fire me an e-mail (check your PM) ahead of time & we'll discuss further details.
Actually John, since Russ already own the Diva's I wouldn't consider that an audition but there's another AVS user Sean who has been demo'ing the heck out of his Diva's in CA till recently. :)
PF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks