What's new

Diva 4.1 IMHO (1 Viewer)

joekilty

Auditioning
There are many frauds on the Internet but rest assured, Diva isn't one of them. AV123, is, in my mind, the most reputable firm that I have had the pleasure to do business with.
I ordered my Divas Tuesday before Christmas, they shipped that Wednesday and I received them Christmas Eve by U. S. Freightways Special Delivery.
The S&H is quite dear until you see the packaging (this is a model of how freight should crated) from its double cartons to the nifty white linen bag that each speaker is rapped in. The freight carrier that AV123 uses is top notch.
Now to the speakers:
I purchased the Diva 4.1
Diva 2.1
Diva C3
The fit and finish on all of the speakers is what you would expect from high end products costing five times the price. That’s right I said five times the price. The rosewood veneer rapper was flawless; the piano black top and bottom caps glistened like a fine “Grand”. The grills were smooth, without any snags and fit flush. The massive HI-VI binding posts were gold plated and again Impeccable. Lastly the feet were gold plated with pads to protect your wood floors. These feet are suitable for framing, so I did and replaced them with carpet spikes.
The Diva 4.1 out of the box is a bit bright and forward but quite pleasing. Here, patients must set in. According to the Diva owners manual (that’s the little book inside the shipping cartons that we forgot to read right away) they suggest that you allow up to one hundred hours of break in time. They weren't joking. It takes a good deal of time for these speakers to settle in.
I have about fifty-sixty hours on my speakers now and I am starting to hear what these guys can do. The highs are well detailed and very musical; the mids are airy and open with only a whisper of heaviness (in the past several hours of listening this heaviness has significantly diminished and if the past is any indication of what is to come I can only assume that this to will pass); the bass has significant weight, is well detailed and balanced. The sound stage is open, extending well outside of the speaker placement and, depending on your source material the stage can be quite deep.
Conclusion IMHO
The Diva 4.1 is a stellar product from its stately appearance to its breathtaking reproduction of sound. I have auditioned a great number of speakers over the past year, trying to find that perfect compromise of sound vs value. The Diva fit that bill to the teeth. The overall sound quality, fit and finish and quality parts used in these speakers would make these a very attractive speaker at many times the price and an absolute steal at there current price. That said; keep in mind these speakers will want a clean power source and front end to really rock. Just think with the dollars you will save on these puppies you can go out and buy that Outlaw A/V receiver or better yet an entry-level tube amp, a phono pre-amp and a Planner 3.
I am so impressed with my Divas that when finances permit I am looking forward to purchasing a set of 6.1s and maybe I can retire my old friends, My DQ-10s (we……ll that will be a hard choice).
I hope this helps someone who is sitting on the fence.
Joseph M Schmidt
[email protected]
NOTE:
I would like to thank Mark Schifter for bringing us the Divas, and Russ W. Steve O. and all the staff at AV123 for making this purchases a very pleasurable experience
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Bill Bradstreet

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the review. You've helped me solidify my decision to get some 6.1s for my living room. Just a matter of time now. :)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Joseph,

I know this is going to be a strange sounding question, but do the Divas smell? I recently got some JBL Studio Series speakers and they have permeated my apartment with an unpleasant finish/wood odor. I'm considering replacing them with the Divas, and I don't want a repeat performance.

Thanks!

Ted

DanaA

Screenwriter
Yes, thanks for the report. I've wanted to hear more Swan owners posting on their sound. You're definitely correct that they are beautiful speakers and, although sound is still a primary consideration, these allow you to have your cake and eat it too. Everytime I see with the Divas, or their Center Channel (the most beautiful I've ever seen), or their computer speakers (ditto the above), my jaw drops. You're lucky.

joekilty

Auditioning
I know this is going to be a strange sounding question, but do the Divas smell? I recently got some JBL Studio Series speakers and they have permeated my apartment with an unpleasant finish/wood odor. I'm considering replacing them with the Divas, and I don't want a repeat performance.

Ted:

Your question is not what I had expected but to answer you; no, there is no pungent aroma emanating from these speakers, unless you want to call the sweet smell of success that Diva has achieved in the speaker market.

Joe Schmidt

[email protected]

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I too am interested in the Diva line. As a matter of fact, I am soon upgrading to either Norh or Diva and have some Norh on order right now for evaluation. Just wondering what you actually a-b'ed the Diva with?

I have been able to demo some very nice speakers in home against my current old JBL setup and so far haven't found anything that was better enough to replace what I have. I auditioned Energy RVS, Monitor Audio "i" series, and MMG Maggies. I would just love to hear the Diva line.... if they sound like they look, they are definitely a winner.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Joe,

Great write up on the Diva's. I have to say that I am attracted

to Swan's product. I have the same Hi-Vi Research Mids in

my AR9's and AR4C ( Infact the whole AR Hi Res line utilizes

the Hi-Vi Mids) and I fell in love with the way they reproduce

vocals.

The Swan product line has to sound similar and I am sure I

would love those if that was the route I choose to go.

I read a review on my AR4C center where a B&W owner said

that the mag alloy mids "color" the sound. Everyone is entitled

to thier opinion but I beleive the reviewer is just too used

to the laid back mids on the Poly-Kev's or perhaps he did

not give ample break in time. They do change slightly after

100 or so hours (like you noticed)

Great choice in speakers! Great Review!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks