diva 4.1/c3/2.1 vs. HTD level 3y

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by peter rustin, Apr 3, 2002.

1. peter rustin

peter rustin Agent

i'm narrowing this down, and will probably use either the new onkyo 600 or the outlaw 1050 (any opinions there?)

who has any thoughts as to how these speakers compare? the divas are slightly more $, with no subwoofer, but seem to be better looking (WAF).

i'll be using them for 75% ht, 25% music

And i thank you for your time and thoughts

2. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

If you go with the HTD setup I would recommend skipping the sub. That is the weak link in the package, get a different sub. I have the Divas and I can't see myself with out them now that I have them. I have the 6.1's C3 my 2.1's have not come in yet. The quality on the Divas are second to none, the clarity of the C3 is exceptional. I purchased the Divas mostly for HT but once I heard how great they were for HT I started testing them for music and now I find myself listening to more music than ever before. Even my wife is playing all her CD's all over again since I got the Divas. I dont think you could go wrong with iether since the HTD's have also received good reviews. Good luck on what ever you decide.

3. MichaelJ

MichaelJ Agent

I was reading a post from someone and they upgraded from the HTD level 3 to the Diva's.They might be for sale for a good price. check the threads

4. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

I agree, the Divas would be a significant upgrade to the HTD Level 3's. The Level 3's are nice speakers, but more at the entry level. You get a lot more value both sonically and from a build quality standpoint with the Divas. The service from the Diva folks is second to none as well. They are willing to work with you all the way.

5. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Give it a little time Jeffrey (Forner) will be here to sell you his HTD3's. [​IMG]
    He's the one moving up to the Diva's, I think.
    PF

6. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

7. KonradN

KonradN Stunt Coordinator

htd III are not in the same league as the divas. I think only nohr and axiom are comparable to the divas if you only look at online direct sales.
    check out this review
    http://www.cheaphometheater.com/Speaker%20Shootout.htm
    for a comparison between all speakers that are available for direct online sales.

8. peter rustin

peter rustin Agent

many many thanks to those that replied and for eht incredible diva review.

ihaving had my rights read to me, guess i have no alternative!!!! divas it shall be, as soon as the $ is available (just got a mits 55809)

thanks again guys!

9. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

Jeff,
    You need to improve your sales pitch or you'll have to make planters out of those HTD's. [​IMG]