Pre-Order Diva (1981) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71KVokPkMUL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

titch

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Fantastic cult film that has never been available on blu-ray previously. Remember it fondly from the cinema club days as a student. Thought maybe Criterion would publish it, as they recently published Betty Blue, but I'll definitely take the Kino.

Reactions: AlanP and lark144

lark144

Screenwriter
Premium
Real Name
mark gross
Fantastic cult film that has never been available on blu-ray previously. Remember it fondly from the cinema club days as a student. Thought maybe Criterion would publish it, as they recently published Betty Blue, but I'll definitely take the Kino.
I'm also really excited about this. Can't wait! In New York, it played at the Plaza for what seemed like forever, and I watched it many times. Stunning to look at. Although the press release credits this film with jump-starting the "new look" movement in French cinema of the 1980's (Luc Besson, Jean-Pierre Jeunet, etc.), a clear influence on "Diva" in both style and subject is Andre Techine's "Barocco" from 1976, which has the same neo-noir stylized art direction with massive use of floating neon and a plot taken from a late 40's RKO "B" movie, but filtered through an ironic, contemporary French literary sensibility, though the focus is on eye candy in both the stunning mise-en scene and the awesome gorgeousness of Isabelle Adjani and Gerard Depardieu.

Reactions: titch

Worth

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I just got this on iTunes, but I'll pick up the disc, as well.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhaibaba