What's new

Disturbing Movies (What Creeped You OUT?) (1 Viewer)

John Gates

Second Unit
Wow. Now I know which movies NOT to watch! :)
I'm generally very protective of my mind, and I don't want too much garbage going in there. As many of you mentioned, these mental images last a long, long time.
The most ick-filled movie I've seen was on VHS, and I watched it 20 years ago. In fact, we used to rent this movie for our teen movie nights just to see how long certain people would last in the room before they were literally driven out.
The movie? Mr. Mike's Mondo Video. I have no idea if it's even still available.
Japanese virgins bathing in dolphin blood.
'Nuff said!
John G

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
I second the wrecked boat sequence in Jaws. I can watch the Quint gobbling,no sweat, but when Hooper dives around the boat, my gut ties into a knot.

I observed something interesting about 'gross-outs'; much depends on the victim. Years ago I took a date to 'Silence of the Lambs', a film my date wanted to see and I had already seen. Afterwards she was so grossed out she got mad at me for taking her; the horror of that film did not particularly gross me out. However, when I took the same girlfriend to see "Misery" where a man is helplessly tortured, I was really grossed out while my date was unaffected.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Cape Fear, the 1991 Martin Scorcese remake. Particularly the scene where Robert de Niro beats the hell out of Illeana Douglas and the following scene with her in the hospital. I had to avert my eyes from seeing her injuries.

Josey M

Agent
David Lynch films.
If any of you get a chance try watching ERASER HEAD.
I think that was the one he did while he was in college.:emoji_thumbsup:

JohnE

Supporting Actor
As a kid Jaws scared me like no other movie before or after. I also found the 1st Halloween to be damn creepy.

For newer movies, Event Horizon comes to mind.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
FIGHT CLUB, to date that movie has been the most impacting and disturbed to me. Also one of my favorites, so its awesome.

l8rz,

Deepak Jr.

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised nobody mentionned Schindler's List .
The liquidation of the Ghetto is by far the most troubling thing I've ever seen. I shiver when I think about it.
Also the only recent movie that disturbed me by its emotion is Dancer in the Dark .

Julie K

Screenwriter
I'm a gorehound so none of what's been mentioned has bothered me. (That scene in Hannibal is quite tame...)

But I will admit to being disturbed by Nekromantik. And no, it wasn't the gore that I found disturbing...

I haven't seen Salo so I'm not sure which would win in a most disturbing contest. Otherwise, I'll say this is one twisted little film.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Here's a few that DISTURB me...
Freddy Got Fingered
Battlefield Earth
Batman And Robin
(shudders) :D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Just about any episode of the original Leave it to Beaver television series--I mean, if the world were truly like the one portrayed in Mayfield, I'd be creeped out to the point of experiencing a coronary. Hugh Beaumont's Ward Cleaver is, basically, a dictator with an occasional smile. The mere thought of the series makes me shudder. The 1950s and early 1960s were not that squeeky clean. Ugh.

BarryS

Second Unit
Just watched In The Bedroom. Great movie and packs quite a whallop. Even though I knew it was coming, I was floored by the scene where Frank gets shot
. I haven't felt an emotional upset like that from a movie in a long time. You can still see the sadness in Tom Wilkinson's and Sissy Spacek's faces for the rest of the film. What an intense movie.

Daniel Demarco

Auditioning
Id have to say Happiness,and Sophies Choice.Movies dont scare me but these two were disturbing,in seperate but effictive ways.

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
For me it's definitely Se7en. The only movie where I was literally on the edge of my seat.
A co-worker mentioned Mondo Cane, but I don't know much about that one.

Eric Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
lots of good mentions here that I agree with.

One I havent seen mentioned yet however is Poltergeist. I remember being really scared as a child with the clown and tree scenes.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I am going to have to rent some of these movies b/c the sound pretty F'd up.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre made me say out loud, "That's freaking nuts."
Kids is another disturbing film.
Another vote for Exorcist III and that hallway scene, but it scares me more than disturbs me; but boy does it scare me.
The Deer Hunter with them playing Russian Roulette are some hardcore scenes, your brain would turn to mush after enough turns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks