What's new

Disturbia, Top Gun, Jack Ryan Collection Blu-Ray & HD DVD Late Summer/Fall (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
But the same can be said about slamming a studio before we actually know what is going on. At this time, the only thing we know for sure is that Paramount realized there was a problem and yanked the disk before it's release date. I also don't want to pay premium dollars for Special Editions that are not special (Hardly premium price with this release though), but I am willing to take a wait and see attitude prior to slamming them. They did the right thing by pulling the release before the release date, now let's give them a chance to fix the issue.

It took Universal a month to fix the COM problem, and we are still waiting months after the release for Disney to even ackknowledge that they have a problem with the POC release. To slam Paramount even before the disk is released seems a bit silly.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Jim, leave it to you to take my comment out of context. This was related to a comment about consumers getting what is advertised on the package. Since the disk hasn't been released, no cnsumer has been impacted. By the way, just what harm did it do you?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Paramount was notorious for years for releasing DVDs with nothing but the film itself. Apparently they've gone back to that philosophy for HD DVD.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

I sold off my Hunt For Red October SE based on the specs even though I decided to wait for the inevitable individual release. I wouldn't have done so had I known this would be a lowly barebones release.

If they come back with disc repressings containing the special features (which I doubt) then yeah you can say no harm no foul.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks