Disturbed DVD-A problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe_H, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

The package for this disc mentions 3 ways that the disc will play: Advanced Resolution Surround, Advanced Resolution Stereo, and Dolby Digital. However, I have been unable to get the surround version to play. There is no mention of a choice on the disc's menu. Also, when i scroll through each group, which has worked on other discs, there is only one that is the actual content; others are extra behind the scenes footage. I tried using the Audio button on my DVD player, but it didn't seem to be letting me change it. It displayed that the number of the audio version changed from 2 to 1, but nothing else happened when i pressed enter. Anyone been able to get the multichannel mix to play?

My DVD-A player is a Panasonic DVD-RA60.

2. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Joe,

Try hitting "AUDIO" followed by "Play" instead of "Enter".

I will check out Disturbed later tonight, and see whether it is authored to v1.0 (Group + Group #) or v1.1 (Audio to toggle) spec.

Regards,

3. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

From the Audio button, it doesn't do anything no matter if I hit enter or play. If i go to the display portion of the dvd player it'll show the audio version, track, etc, and when i try to switch the audio and restart the song, it stays on Audio 1 (which I guess must be the version that has multichannel audio) for only a second, and then jumps immediately to Audio 2, which is the stereo mix.

4. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Do you have the system setup without a subwoofer?

This is a known bug with the Panasonic players' navigator.

Try setting up the system to have a subwoofer and see what happens.

Regards,

5. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Yes I have a subwoofer and have the player set to subwoofer on. The only channel that is turned off on the player is the center channel. Turning the center channel on doesn't let me change the audio either.