What's new

Distortion (terrible buzz) running amp off receiver (1 Viewer)

Chris M34

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chrisht
Actually if the fiber cable works I could then get another to run for the arc correct? Any downside to that ?

Chris M34

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chrisht
Would have been too easy. Thanks for everything I’ll let you know tomorrow how everything turns out

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FWIW, there is no ARC between the cable box and receiver, so the feature isn't needed anyway. I just suspect it might be implemented with wire, which could defeat the purpose in this case. If so, the solution is to find a different fiber hdmi cable that isn't ARC capable. The only way to know is to try.

Chris M34

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chrisht
So I plugged the cable box into the No hum and it really didn’t work. I then plugged the AMP into the No hum and it completely eliminated it! I have the cable box and PS5 running to the receiver and the ARC from my receiver into the EARC of the TV. How do you feel about ARC? Do you think it is the best option or do you lose something? My receiver is a Sony STR DN1060 and my TV is Samsung S95B OLED. Do you think it would be better to run everything to the TV and use an optical from the TV to the receiver?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So I plugged the cable box into the No hum and it really didn’t work. I then plugged the AMP into the No hum and it completely eliminated it! I have the cable box and PS5 running to the receiver and the ARC from my receiver into the EARC of the TV. How do you feel about ARC? Do you think it is the best option or do you lose something? My receiver is a Sony STR DN1060 and my TV is Samsung S95B OLED. Do you think it would be better to run everything to the TV and use an optical from the TV to the receiver?
Great. It must lift the ground. That was a solution I used way back when, but I just used a “cheater” plug, which can have risks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks