distorted voices

razielsrealm

Auditioning
Real Name
cesar
hello, i'm having trouble with my home theatre system. Recently I hooked up my time warner digital cable box to my Yamaha home theatre reciever. I used the s-video hook ups and used the composite video for audio. (the white and red connections). well the picture comes in awesome but every 4 or 5 minutes the audio will distort. it lasts for a few seconds and then it clears. i have no idea what it is. i checked out the digital cable box's audio options and it's on dolby digital, i assume that's the one because the other is a 2 channel option. i honestly don't know what that means. dolby digital? 2-channel?. what to do?

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
If you are using the red and white connections you will want to select 2 channel because that is what you are using. If you use the digital audio jack on both the cable box and your yamaha you will want to select Dolby Digital.

razielsrealm

Auditioning
Real Name
cesar
thanks, i'll try that. what type of connection are you talking about for digital audio?. do you mean a coaxial cable. because there is a coaxial connection in both the digital cable box and my reciever, except for my reciever it's under the CD option. does this make any sense?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muskantdramu