What's new

Dissapointed with DVD Empire (so far) (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Mims

Auditioning
I placed several preorders with DVD Empire. I set up an account, with all info. When I went to check my order history, I show "no orders". I emailed Empire, and they assurred my order did go though. I informed them I could not check my order history...no response.
One DVD, Butterfly Effect, shipped out 7/2, according to an email from Empire. I'm still waiting, despite ordering expedited shipping. I have emailed them once, to ask if that meant priority mail, or 1st class. I was charged $5.05 for shipping, and if they shipped it 1st class, it will be my last order with DVD Empire.
I know several folks here recommend Empire, but I'm not impressed. Ordering DVDs should not be a hassle, but now the local Wal-mart is starting to look better. At least for new releases.:emoji_thumbsup:
So far I am not pleased with DVD Empires' customer service.:thumbsdown:
I do not feel like it's unreasonable to be able to check my order history, since it is a feature Empire offers on their web site. It's not like a special request or anything.
I'll post any response from them, particulary if things are squared away.
-Jeff

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I never had any problems checking my order history at DVDEmpire. Were you logged into your account? It should be available to check immediately after completing your order. I'm sure if they said the order shipped it was shipped. I would suggest giving them a call if you want a quicker response to your question. Below is a toll free number for customer service along with their operating hours if that helps.

Hours of Operation (EST): M-F 9AM-5:30PM

1-888-383-1880

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Never had a problem with DVD Empire. Fastest shipper on the web. If your order is in stock and in before the daily cutoff time, it ships the same day. You should have seen your order right away, assuming you logged in properly.

Jeff_Mims

Auditioning
Thanks Guys..

I was logged in properly, which is why I was confused about the order history. I did recieve a confirmation email of the order, which among the titles, was "Butterfly Effect". The latter was a pre-order, which was shipped on Friday. Should have been here by now, even allowing for a holiday, since it supposedly went priority mail.
I do believe it was shipped, just that it didn't go priority mail...else it would have been here by now.
-Jeff

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Ok, the smoke is clearing now. It has been my experience that if you are expecting mail after a holiday, to add one more working day until you get it. No, I have no explanation for that, except that it is true.

It also depends on where you live, of course.

Did you, by any chance, make the order late Monday? If so, that is when they do their weekly major update, and it might have somehow passed you up. I would have closed IE and brought it back up again.

Glenn

Jeff_Mims

Auditioning
Actually, it was a pre-order, and it was shipped..Friday. I agree about mail after a holiday. I'm just dissapointed about the lack of explanation I've gotten concerning why I have no order history, despite, having placed several pre-orders. That, and paying for priority mail, and getting is shipped 1st class.
In fairness to Empire, I have not gotten a response to the latter. Their page also states that expedited mail can go either priority OR 1st class USPS. I am not implying anything wasn't straightforward.
In fact, all my concerns could (and may yet) be addressed by a simple email.
From what is posted here, Empire is very popular, therefore I expect all will be cleared up in the next day or so.
-Jeff

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Priority Mail and First Class mail are the same thing, the only difference is weight.

Anything weighing less than 13 oz. is considered First Class. Anything weighing more than 13 oz. falls into Priority Mail.

Both have a 2-3 day target for delivery.

Jeff_Mims

Auditioning
That's the first time I've heard that distinction between priority and 1st class mail. It will be one week tommorrow, and I'm still waiting for the DVD.
There's no way I'm paying for expedited shipping again.
-Jeff

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
It has been my experience with the USPS that their delivery practices on anything other than Express Mail is highly variable. I suggest you use UPS with DVD Empire. UPS shipments from them are INSURED & provide you with a tracking number. USPS shipments are NOT insured, so if the USPS misplaces or destroys your shipment, well....you are SOL!!!! :D

Jeff_Mims

Auditioning
Jeff,
I couldn't agee more about USPS. I did use express mail, and it still took over a week for the DVD to arrive.
What I was most dissapointed in DVD Empire about was their failure to answer emails, or questions about my orders.
I have since cancelled all my order, and went back to my previous vendor. (digital eyes)
If everyone else is having good service from DVD empire, that's great. I wish DVD Empire no ill will, I do wish they had answered my order questions..instead of ignoring them completely.
-Jeff

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Did you try calling them? I would have tried calling before completely giving up on them. I use them for 99.9% of my online orders because of their pre-order system which is great. Too bad your experience did not work out.

Jeff_Mims

Auditioning
Jeff,
No, I didn't try to call them. Perhaps I should have, but after my questions in email were ignored, I gave up. They did answer my emails, just not the questions in the emails. Such as, why couldn't I check my order history?
No matter, I'm happy with how my issues with Digital Eyes was resolved..so I'll stay where I'm at.
-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks