Disposable DVDs Quote

Discussion in 'DVD' started by WillKTaylor, Sep 11, 2003.

1. WillKTaylor

WillKTaylor Stunt Coordinator

http://money.cnn.com/2003/09/09/tech...reut/index.htm

- snip -

"Although the disposable DVD format does not make it harder for digital pirates to make illegal copies, Blaustein said by making DVDs cheaper the effort would also undercut the incentive to make such bootleg copies."

- snip -

OK .. am I reading into this as everyone else might? "By making DVDs cheaper (insert comma) the effort would also undercut the incentive to make such bootleg copies."

In other words, when Buena Vista stops making, uhhmmm, "permanent" DVDs, that will be the time when bootleggers no longer find it equitable to stay in business. Well yeah, but is this Blaustein fella serious? As if anyone is really paying attention other than CNN.

Although, I'm curious if this is the actual intention of the group Blaustein represents. OK, Disney ..

I'd wager $50 that in 1 year upon the implentation of this gag, it will be over.

First of all, the pricing level is set way to high. However, the sad part of it is, even though Blockbuster's prices have skyrocketed ridiculously over the past five years, they will most likely be raised even further in less time if Disney's "Frankenstein" actually has any movement.

Thank goodness I only buy and rarely rent.

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Man, we sure are getting a lot of "disposable dvd" threads popping up. Lets try and keep the madness contained.