Display 61HS30?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Henry Colonna, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Henry Colonna

Henry Colonna Stunt Coordinator

I know that "torch mode" is bad for an RPTV. There's an open box at a local circuit city here on 61HS30 for $1999. I'm sure I can get it for $1899.

Problem is, there's no telling how long the previous customer had it in his house...or how long it's been in the store, but they say it's only been 2 days.

Or should I just get the 53HS30 brand new at Sears for 1800?

2. TimTurtino

TimTurtino Stunt Coordinator

Disclaimer: I work at CC.
    FWIW, open boxes _tend_ to not be in customer's houses long (usually they come back quickly when they come back). However, they sometimes can be there quite awhile, in the following situation: something goes wrong, customer got extended service, can't be repaired on the spot, and so for cust serv reasons, CC swaps it out for them, repairs the problem set, and puts it back on the floor. The 61HS30 has been around for awhile, so there's no guarantee.
    If that lack of certainty bothers you, go ahead and get the 53HS30. IMHO, it's one of the more watchable non-widescreens out there. In fact, mention Sears price on it to your salesdroid at CC, and make them give you 110% of the price difference back (i.e., drop the price by $220, assuming it's currently $1999 at your store, as it is at mine). Your sales counselor will be _more_ than happy to do it, if you show the least inclination to leave the store otherwise [​IMG] It's called Price Match Plus.
    Me