Disney's "Vaulted" Titles

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott L, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Remember a little over a year ago Disney was showing commercials that said "Pick up Snow White now, because it's going back in the vault after January 31." I run a search for it on dvdpricesearch.com and find several sites carrying it, in stock with no mention of a limited supply.

So is there no need to worry when Disney says a certain movie will be "going back in the vault?"

2. Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser Supporting Actor

Sure, no worries. Unless you're looking for Lady and the Tramp, Jungle Book, Little Mermaid, 101 Dalmations, MM in Living Color, Silly Nymphonies, etc...... [​IMG]

Seriously, Snow White was ordered in HUGE numbers about 1.5 years ago. There's still inventory lying around, but not a lot. By this time next year, it'll pretty much be gone.

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

BTW: Any suggestions on where to find Jungle Book?

-Dave

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Wow, and I got Jungle Book free with Snow White at the Disney store. A search shows it goes for upward of $40 now. I wish Disney would stop this OOP policy, but it seems to be workign for them, so I doubt they will.

5. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

That policy has been in effect for decades, don't expect it to go away any time soon.