What's new

Disney's Tarzan 2-Disc SE - 10/18/05!! (1 Viewer)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Didn't see this posted here yet, so figured I'd pass it on. For those of us that missed the previous SE release from back in 2000, Disney is releasing a new 2-Disc SE of Tarzan in October. No confirmation whether it will feature anything new or not, but it's still great for those of us who missed it the first time around. There is the rumored likely inclusion of a new commentary and some games. Plus the new packaging design will fit much better with our other Platinums and SE's that have been released lately. The news comes via Ultimate Disney, Animated-News, and the Disney Database websites. Here's a peek at the new logo from Disney Database's Forums. :)

Ultimate Disney's Forums
Disney Database's Forums
Animated-News.Com (Scroll to June 28th's News)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Not sure if I'm going to thrown down for this.

Bought the previous release for $15 and it's pretty incredible A/V wise.

Wish they'd revisit other non-16x9 titles like 'Hercules' or poor 16x9 efforts like 'Hunchback'.

EDIT: sorry, didn't realize this was a straightforward reissue.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Tarzan was one of Disney's best, and most underrated, relatively "recent" animation efforts. Excited about a new SE though I agree that their other much more poorly-mastered DVD titles (Little Mermaid, Hercules, Lady & Tramp etc.) ought to have priority in being revisited on DVD.

In any case...looking forward to the new disc set!

p.s. I WOULD like to see Emporer's new Groove redone...the DVD...even the current 2-disc DTS disc...starts to show some shortcomings in PQ on the big-screen...relatively dull color and lots of edge-haloing (it is 16x9 at least).

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Ultimate Disney now says that both ENG & Tarzan will be one disc SEs. This in spite of trailers for Tarzan on releases the last 2 weeks (including Toy Story 10AE) saying that it's a 2 disc. I'm buying it because I want the movie & lost the CE in Hurricane Charley but the fact sheet for both are major unimpressive. It'll probably be 5 years before a 4th release of Tarzan so I'm screwed. I can't believe they didn't just add some new trailers, a game or 2 & new artwork to both CEs. And the price is still an outrageous $29.99 (for a one disc, 3rd release). Absolutely pathetic & Disney knew it while pumping up the preorders with their misleading trailers. For shame. :thumbsdown:

Joel C

Screenwriter
FYI, for anyone interested in this: For some reason, Amazon.com sent me a free pre-release copy of Cinderella (hoping I'd review it for them, I guess, according to the note that accompianied it), and inside the case is a little Disney advertisement that includes a coupon for either $3 or $5 off Tarzan. Coupled with first week sales, this could make for a very good deal.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
If both ENG & Tarzan are 1 disc, that saves me from having to double dip. More $ for me & less $ for Disney.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Any new news on this? I am hoping I wont have to double-dip. The first SE is quite excellent. I recall it being Disney's very first special edition. When they finally smartened up and made a REAL DVD and not 9 randomly picked movies where artwork was a "special feature."

*Groan*

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I just got a press-release CD rom with picture snippets from both this and the new Emperor's New Groove edition...but no released specs yet in my hands (or disc). Maybe tonight!

dave :D

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
I can't wait to hear what you find out Dave. In my Cinderella SE was a Disney booklet with a coupon for the Tarzan "2 disc SE" & trailers on recent Disney releases have touted it as a 2 discer. However, ultimatedisney insists it will be one disc & no sites have listed any specifics on it in spite of the fact that it's coming out in 11 days.

JoeJ

Agent
I can see why everybody is miffed (it is false advertising for Tarzan, and The Emperor's New Groove being pointless, period), but if you have a multi-region player, you may want to see this; Disney in the UK are hosting a buy one get one free offer, which includes such titles as Tarzan...and for some reason in the UK, that actually got a 2 disc release! Also included is Lilo and Stitch, which has had the ever delayed (for Region 1) Special Edition! If you want, you could get those two titles at Sendit.com (which from what I heard, is better for importing DVDs to America).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks