Disney's Starring Mickey, Donald, etc.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Shem Kellogg, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Shem Kellogg

Shem Kellogg Agent

what's the deal with these "Starring..." dvds due out 1/11/05, according to Disney website? I haven't heard you guys talking about them.

2. Ben_@

Ben_@ Stunt Coordinator

I would imagine these are rather lacking versions of these cartoons (possibly edited, etc.). That and/or they have cartoons featured in the Disney Treasures sets.

Its not much to talk about for the same reason that WB's premiere collections aren't as good as the Golden Collection.

3. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Pretty much all of the shorts have already appeared on the Treasures sets, so nothing new. A handful of Donald Duck shorts are new, but those would be on a further Volume of the Chronological Donald. The Chip 'n Dale disc is about half of their shorts, but again, they all should be released in an upcoming Treasure sets.

4. Shem Kellogg

Shem Kellogg Agent

roger that

5. Kajs

Kajs Second Unit

But who could wait over at least a year for a Chip 'n Dale Treasures set when I could pay $10.50 to get them now? (now=January)

I wish someone would have brought this up sooner, I had no idea these were coming out.

6. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Supporting Actor

bob kaplan
    i am not sure that i will be buying these since i have the "Treasures" and will continue to buy them. BUT i would enjoy purchasing holiday themed discs...as they once did on Laser--> Halloween (Scarey Tales), etc.

7. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Me too Bob, as I'm sure many others would!

8. Shem Kellogg

Shem Kellogg Agent

kurt: can't tell if you're bein sarcastic but the chip and dales with donald were funny as hell

9. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

I'll definitely buy the Chip n' Dale disk. The rest of the episodes I already have or will have eventually so I'll just wait for them to come out.

Paul

10. Joseph Miller

Joseph Miller Stunt Coordinator

I don't sense at all that Kurt was being sarcastic. I think he was serious, as well he should be. If you don't love those "Chip 'n' Dale"s where they drove Donald Duck nuts, you just don't love cartoons.

11. Kajs

Kajs Second Unit

I hope I didn't come off that way, but I've been waiting for Chip n Dale shorts forever. I can remember the one where Donald's a lumberjack, the Christmas one with Mickey and a different one with Donald, the one with Donald's model city and train in his back yard ("Look, giant redwood."), the one where Donald stretches the rubber pancake all around his house, the one where Donald has to shovel his walk or something, the list is endless (actually I guess it ends there). I probably rented those Chip and Dale videos as much as the "Sport Goofy's Vacation" tape (which has all my other favorite Disney cartoons) when I was younger.

But people see this isn't the "Treasures" collection and are turned off by it. Its got an hour of shorts for around $11, I see no reason to pass it up. I also wish they would put together a DVD of Christmas shorts this year, my VHS is really getting worn out.

12. Doug Bull

Doug Bull Advanced Member

Doug Bull
    My favorite Chip and Dale is "2 Chips and a Miss" but I strongly suggest that you check to see if the Cartoons are complete before you order.

I bought 2 similiar region 4 Disney ( Donald and Goofy)single discs and each Cartoon was missing it's opening and end titles.
    The cartoons were introduced by kids.
    The DVDs were obviously done for youngsters, so the people at Disney thought that the titles were not needed.

I suggest the Donald/Chip and Dale Cartoons will appear on an upcoming Donald Treasures Set, but the ones without Donald may not appear again.