What's new

Jungle Cruise (2021) (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Humm...mix the Tiki Birds with Hitchcock's The Birds, and you might have something interesting there;)

BGL

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
You guys are freaking killing me... Talk about a good laugh.....ROFL...... Tea Cups the Reckoning... Freaking funny...

R~

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
I wouldn't be surprised if Big Thunder Mountain became a movie eventually. It's a heck of a better idea than Skyway to Tomorrowland (althought that could have potential as something similar to Cliffhanger), Star Jets aka Astro-Orbiter, or Spaceship Earth.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's ironic that Disney would begin the marketing for this today, because it was actually originally slated to open today before they moved it to summer 2020 following the delay of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,.

Anyway, this looks fun! I didn't go on The Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean as a kid because I was too scared to go near them, but I remember loving the Jungle Cruise and am encouraged by the look of this trailer. I really hope this movie is closer in quality to the first Pirates of the Caribbean than the last one.

Also, here's the poster:

Jungle Cruise.jpg

Last edited:

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I thought the trailer was just meh.

I loved the ride as a kid and remember all the corny jokes along the way. (How mich is corn in tampa? A buck an ear, the slippery hickory dock story). So I was expecting a broader comedy.

This looks like the Rock being his usually charming self weve seen in so many modern movies that he seems out of place in a period piece.

And the action, like the ladder scene, seems a bit too perfectly choreographed.

Im hoping im wrong, but not a good first impression for me.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That trailer owes a heavy debt to The African Queen, which, you know, if you're going to rip something off, rip off the best. And I'm pretty sure the ride designers were heavily influenced by the film too.

I'm a little surprised that the filmmakers have so heavily embraced the dated mid-fifties views on colonialism and the exotic Other that guided the original ride creators. It's definitely true to the spirit of the source material, but seems very unlike risk-adverse 21st century Disney.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That trailer owes a heavy debt to The African Queen, which, you know, if you're going to rip something off, rip off the best. And I'm pretty sure the ride designers were heavily influenced by the film too.

I'm a little surprised that the filmmakers have so heavily embraced the dated mid-fifties views on colonialism and the exotic Other that guided the original ride creators. It's definitely true to the spirit of the source material, but seems very unlike risk-adverse 21st century Disney.
There’s a river, riverboat, man and a woman, exotic locales. I’m not looking to this movie to even remind me of African Queen.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The boat used in The African Queen bears a striking resemblance to the boats used in Disney's Jungle Cruise ride. I've been on that ride many times and every time, it reminds me of the movie.

Comparisons will be inevitable.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
This looks good but it looks like a almost a straight scene and plot point ripoff of Brendan Fraser's The Mummy. Rogue handsome badass guy leads brother and sister to ancient location in a light hearted comedy complete with library ladder scene. Looks like they even have the airship boat sudden massive power increase to get away from danger scene, which ultimately fails.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
D3581D3A-53B9-43CF-901B-ED206F2FEA98.jpeg Well folks, this one is being released right before my birthday (July 24th). Of course it is a take on the Disney parks ride but I can’t help but wonder how much this movie will have in common with the Humphrey Bogart film The African Queen (1951).

As Mr. Spock might say, “fascinating”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks