What's new

Disney's New Leaf - Spectacular DVD Transfers (1 Viewer)

TedD

Supporting Actor
Since my usual MO is to complain about DVD transfer and mastering quality, I thought I would break the mold here :).

I want to congratulate Disney on the absolutely spectacular transfers on season 1 of "Lost". I don't believe I have ever seen better IQ from a set of DVD's.

Standing as a very close second are the "Desperate Housewives" season 1 set.

Viewing these on a very large (60" x 110") screen using a Qualia at 1080 sourced by a HTPC using the latest NVidia decoder and video technology with TheaterTek player software, image quality is absolutely stunning.

Unnoticable (if any) EE, amazing levels of detail, both foreground and background, a joy to watch. These two sets stand as truly reference DVD's for video quality.

Bravo, Disney!!! You have made amazing progress over the last year and I congratulate you on your efforts and the resulting quality of these recent DVD sets.

Ted

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
So you've upgraded your hardware, Ted? Or were you watching these somewhere else?

TedD

Supporting Actor
ChristopherDAC:

I have had the Qualia for about a year now. Roughly 1400 hours on the beast.

Time for a visit.

Ted

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
agreed, the video on both those sets are pretty good.

conversely, Nip Tuck was terrible!

TedD

Supporting Actor
Another outstanding transfer - the new release of "Pretty Woman". Watched it last night and was extremely impressed.

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks