What's new

Disney's Incredible Journey (1 Viewer)

Darren_Fu

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone think (especially the Disney experts on here) that Disney will ever put the original 1963 classic Incredible Journey as maybe a Disney Vault Classic or something??? That movie is really good and it doesn't make sense that IJ2:Homeward Bound was released and never the 1st one. Thoughts, comments, opinions! :)
ThX
DWF

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
This seems to be the highest profile release of all the animal adventure films. which were narrated by the same person and all featured non speaking animals doing something or another, and are all quite charming. I don't know that there would be enough material to put out a two disc Vault Disney set for juust Incredible Journey. THe Vault Disney release of this I would like to see is this film on one disc with a restoration, in OAR and whatever possible extras on the first disc, then on the second disc the two other animal adventure films I know of, "The Hound that Thought he was a Racoon", (my favorite) and "Mister, the Lovesick Moose" Both of them are about 80 minutes long which would leave room on disc two for a good transfer and a scarce handful (i'd expect no more) of extras on these flims.

If anyone else knows about any more 'animal-adventure' films in this vain, I'd be thrilled to know about them, these are the only ones I have knowledge of (the last two I have watched many times, via ancient scratchy vhs recorded long ago from Disney Channel).

To the best of my knowledge, these are NOT part of the "true life adventures" series, they are entirely different, and fictional based around a story/narrative.

Adam

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Charlie The Lonesome Cougar is out on DVD from Anchor Bay, along with a number of other Disney live action/animal films. I've reviewed most of them for dOc (Charlie excepted).

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Adam_S: Those two Disney animal movies you mentioned were not movies at all (when I say "movie," I mean "theatrical release"), but two-part stories featured on Walt Disney's TV series...

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
ahh thanks, I wasn't sure if they were tv shows or movies, I always thought of them as movies because I watched them off of a vhs tape (in my mind back then vhs=movie, same exact thing)

Adam

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I also want to see 1963's Incredible Journey on DVD in its OAR (According to the IMDB page at http://us.imdb.com/Technical?0057180, it has an aspect ratio of 1.75:1)
I also want to see Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey (1993 movie) reissued on DVD in its OAR. Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey according to http://us.imdb.com/Technical?0107131 was filmed in an aspect ratio of 1.85:1 but was released on DVD in pan & scan.
Disney,
I will only purchase these two movies on DVD in OAR.

John Knowles

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I ended up buying Homeward Bound on LD this year ($5) on eBay since the DVD is p/s or open matte...sorry Disney, I would have bought your DVD, you lost a sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks