What's new

Disney's Hercules (1997) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

44744_large.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
battlebeast said:
Will there be new bonus features?
Good question.

I've had the UK BD of Hercules for quite awhile now. The features are weak (and poor). One that comes to mind is a rendition of Go The Distance by Ricky Martin that looks like a VHS tape recorded in SLP mode.

I just checked. The only other feature is a "making of" featurette.

The feature film itself looks great. But I'd consider a double-dip if they piled on features that aren't present in the UK version.

I've also got the UK versions of 101 Dalmatians, Tarzan and Aladdin.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's kinda weird they left the main villain--Hades--off the front cover but included Pain & Panic.

James Woods as Hades was an inspired casting choice.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Mike Frezon said:
Good question. I've had the UK BD of Hercules for quite awhile now. The features are weak (and poor). One that comes to mind is a rendition of Go The Distance by Ricky Martin that looks like a VHS tape recorded in SLP mode. I just checked. The only other feature is a "making of" featurette. The feature film itself looks great. But I'd consider a double-dip if they piled on features that aren't present in the UK version. I've also got the UK versions of 101 Dalmatians, Tarzan and Aladdin.
I also got the UK Blus of Hercules and Aladdin but didn't get Tarzan because of the lossy sound or 101 Dalmatians because it's not widescreen. I hope the US remedies those issues.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Mark-P said:
I also got the UK Blus of Hercules and Aladdin but didn't get Tarzan because of the lossy sound or 101 Dalmatians because it's not widescreen. I hope the US remedies those issues.
Doesn't all the Disney documentation from the era say 1.33 for 101 Dalmatians? I remember because it oddly stands out from everything else from the era.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Mike Frezon said:
I've had the UK BD of Hercules for quite awhile now. .
Is it still enjoyable with the sub-titles? Or do you watched the dubbed version? I've never bought foreign imports, so I'm not sure what that would be...

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I really liked this one. The animation style took some risks and the Greek chorus is the best since Little Shop of Horrors.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've said it in numerous threads (and will again if I get to review it), for me Hercules is the most underrated of all the Disney animated films of the late 20th century/early 21st century.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Matt Hough said:
I've said it in numerous threads (and will again if I get to review it), for me Hercules is the most underrated of all the Disney animated films of the late 20th century/early 21st century.
Its hard to be more ignored than The Black Cauldron.

...then again at least that got an anamorphic transfer back in the DVD days.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
If you belong to the Disney Movie Club, Hercules and Tarzan will be shipping out on 6/10/2014, two months ahead of the retail release.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
I remember when this movie was the "flop" in theaters that ended the 90's Renaissance with a train crash.
But like Treasure Planet, it's gotten a little bit of redemption on video since then, for the fact that John Musker & Ron Clements cannot make a bad film.
(And I'm only saying that out of courtesy to the Princess & the Frog fans. ;) )

Case in point:
When Disney Parks had its 24-hour party on both coasts last week, with theme being that villain characters would take over the hero/princess spots after dark, next to the Frozen girls during the day, who had the longest two to three-hour lines of any character meet during the all-night hours?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mark Walker said:
I really liked this one. The animation style took some risks and the Greek chorus is the best since Little Shop of Horrors.
Although the one in MIGHTY APHRODITE is pretty funny, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks