What's new

Disney's GREAT LOCOMOTIVE CHASE re-issue no better than Anchor Bay's (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It may be anamorphic this time around, but it looks like the same transfer to me - TONS of shimmering on the edges and during vertical pans...think "Exodus." Color is not great. What a disappointment! A bone-headed effort, IMO.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
That is very disappointing. I hope that isn't the case for Candleshoe, or I will be right pissed!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately it's NOT anamorphic this time either. I bought it having read it was anamorphic this time, but it's just the same transfer as before. :thumbsdown:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Is this a Disney release or MGM? I can understand if it's MGM, since they wouldn't have gotten any new masters, but if it's Disney, I may have a LOT of order cancelling to do...

Anyone have that Disney customer service number handy?

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
That's awful. I too hope that they do a better job of Candleshoe and Flight of the Navigator, or I will be calling 1-800-72-Disney to complain.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Because they licensed it, just like Anchor Bay did with a dozen or more live action flicks that someone (Disney, MGM?) is rereleasing in the not too distant future.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Disney is just licensing some of the ABC Films catalog to MGM. Prizzi's Honor has been out for some time... and Duel in the Sun and Take the Money and Run are coming soon.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Big disappointment. I made a rare Amazon Prime purchase and it is 1.33:1. At least that’s how it’s showing here in the U.K. Grrr!
Seriously? It’s definitely widescreen on Amazon US. I take it there is no Movies Anywhere in the UK which would transfer your purchase to other services? You should definitely demand a refund.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Seriously? It’s definitely widescreen on Amazon US. I take it there is no Movies Anywhere in the UK which would transfer your purchase to other services? You should definitely demand a refund.

Titles are letterboxed, after which it switches to 4x3. I can’t see any way to get a refund from Amazon unless you don’t start watching any of the film but I’ll try and contact them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks