What's new

Disney's Frozen: Quick Review (1 Viewer)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I completely agree with you John, one of Disney's best in a long time. It is also the first Disney movie my young kids (6 and 4) have gone absolutely nuts over. Now, they've enjoyed other Disney movies, Tangled being really popular in our house and Wreck-It-Ralph but, they have just gone crazy nuts about Frozen. They know all the words to all the song except Fixer Upper, which is sad because that is my favorite song. They play "Frozen" everyday and we watch the youtube videos of the songs all the time. It's been a lot of fun watching them get so much enjoyment out of this movie.

Also, my daughter is very upset that it is not coming out in 3D on Blu-ray.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Chris Will said:
I'd HEARD one poster say he'd heard from a Disney Club representative that they'd been told there were disk pressing/mastering problems on the hard disk, and that was what caused the delay. (And was immediately shouted down, discredited, blacklisted, and had all his personal faults exposed to the world for suggesting that Disney wasn't doing it because they were conniving and greedy just like they were on the Oz disk, and were trying to (pick one) A) admit that 3D was "dead", B) move to digital downloads, or C) figure out how many times they could make us buy 3-disk editions. :rolleyes: )
It's hearsay, but when it's hearsay from a retail outlet, where they would be the first to get the news from HQ about why their big shipment isn't coming and shouldn't sue, it's out of the realm of impossibility....It might also explain why the new Tinkerbell movie is "mysteriously" not coming out on 3D as planned for March as well.

Still, if even a two-week delay pushed the 3D off of its big day-date debut, it's started to bring up theories whether Disney might want it to reappear in fall, with better-organized hype and possibly with two or three other cross-marketed 3D titles.
The lack of a Pixar this year has had fans wondering whether we'll see one more re-rendering, and there's been rumors floating around about what might be "in the works". Let's just say IF Pixar announced an Incredibles 3D for later this year, I would very strongly suspect Frozen for the holidays.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Chris Will said:
I've also pre-ordered the 3D from the UK, but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep the pre-order. I still have some time to figure it out.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Robert Crawford said:
My I ask why?
Because A) it might not happen, and B), if it was "safely" made outside the US, it might be Region B?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Robert Crawford said:
My I ask why?
I don't know if I actually "need" the 3D version. My unofficial policy has been to pick up the 3D version if available to "future-proof" in case I get a 3D TV in the future. And the other piece is I don't want to reward Disney for their totally backward 3D plan here.

None of my reasons make a ton of sense. I'll be the first to admit that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jason_V said:
I don't know if I actually "need" the 3D version. My unofficial policy has been to pick up the 3D version if available to "future-proof" in case I get a 3D TV in the future. And the other piece is I don't want to reward Disney for their totally backward 3D plan here.

None of my reasons make a ton of sense. I'll be the first to admit that.
I was just curious, that's all.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Jason_V said:
So, it's a "plan", then?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Still breaking records in Japan. Last weekend at week 8 was its largest, this past weekend was its 3rd largest. Its held onto #1 there for 9 consecutive weeks, passing Avatar in Japanese gross. Crazy

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
At Disney World this week. Elsa princess dresses abound. I'm told meeting Elsa is a 4 hour line. And my 4 yo nieces have $10 Elsa / Ana balloons. Wondering how many years before Epcots Norway ride is overhauled to fit Frozen.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Back in March, the Frozen girls were meeting and greeting in Epcot's Norway. The pavilion never saw so much traffic. There were four hour waits then too. I waited 2 1/2 hours so my kids could meet them. It was kinda worth it, since it was so important to them. (Tip: Go first thing in the morning, before the park opens.)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
They're at Magic Kingdom now. Rain is rolling through, so sisters are off to try and meet Frozen princesses. I'm waiting to get a Dole Whip :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks