What's new

Disney's Frank & Ollie on its way! (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This one completely snuck up on me. Frank and Ollie is scheduled for release this Tuesday, November 18.

For those who don't know, this is a quaint glimpse into the lives of two of Walt's famous "nine old men" -- from the original school of Disney animators, Frank Thomas & Ollie Johnston. If you want some inside information on the early years of Disney film-making, pick this one up! I'm surprised its not included in the Treasures series.

Bonus Feature(s):

--Making The Movie
--Frank & Ollie's Personal Home Movies
--Priceless Outtakes With Gems Featuring Walt Disney And Glen Keane
--Ollie And His Backyard Trains
--Very Rare Performance With Frank And The Firehouse 5 + 2 From "Jazz Scene USA"
--Frank & Ollie's Debut Scenes: "The Brave Little Tailor" and "Mickey's Elephant"
--Extensive Exploration Of Their Art With Expert --Commentary, Storyboards, Pencil Sketches, And Character Studies
--And Much More!

Technical Specifications:

--Color
--1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
--Closed Captioned
--Region 1
--Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

B&M Price comparisons for this release are in the Weekly Roundup. I really don't count on B&M's to rush this into stores, though...perhaps Borders or Tower is a good initial place to check (don't know what prices they would have on it, if they even for-sure carried it).

Amazon lists it, though.

Brian_L_Kleis

Stunt Coordinator
It IS in stores now, saw it in stores already just a few days ago even... It was only available previously only at Disneyland/world resorts, along with Walt: Man Behind the Myth...

Both great disks if you're into the history of Disney stuff... I had them both from a Disneyland trip, but who knows, maybe the Walt disk would come out everywhere soon too... ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Its amazing how Disney can screw up its B-level releases.

No copies at my local BestBuy, Circuit City, etc who were expecting this title today. The clerk at my local Borders said they've had this disc for awhile, that it was released on October 14, and that they had one copy in stock.

It's got my name on it now! :D

Meanwhile, employees at the local Disney Store were left ignorant by their company that their own title was even available. They get so angry about this stuff.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm one of those that is interested in the history of Disney, so I will definitely be ordering this disc.

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
I found one copy of this for approx $30 (been looking around for a month after reading about it on the forum) and purchased it on a blind buy since I am into Disneyana. Liked the doc, but wish the price would have been lower so I could justify my purchase more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks