Disney's forthcoming BEAUTY &THE BEAST dvd - complete except for missing music video

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Henry Woo, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Henry Woo

Henry Woo Agent

Looking at the specifications and extras for Disney's BEAUTY and THE BEAST dvd, it looks like it will have almost everything that you would want on the dvd. The only noteworthy item that was missing was the music video by Peabo Bryson and Celine Dion. Does anyone know if it will be included?

It would be kind of a shame not to have it included since the music did win an Oscar. I tried to e-mail Disney DVD department but they replied back that they did not have any information regarding this at this time. If they don't know, I don't know who would.

Have a feeling that they have substituted the video with a version done by a group that I have never heared of called JUMP 5. On the Snow White dvd, they have the main song sung by Barbara Streisand. On the Beauty dvd, they have Jump 5. A bad misstep as far as I can see. Hopefully there is time to still fix this. Hopefully Disney is listening.

2. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

• Disc 2:
    • The Story Behind The Story
    • Character Profile Game
    • Disney's Enchanted Environments
    • The Broadway Musical
    • Disney's Animation Magic
    • Chip's Musical Challenge Game
    • "Beauty And The Beast" Music Video By Jump 5
    • "Break The Spell" Adventure Game
    • The Story--Bringing The Story To The Screen, Early Presentation Reel
    • The Music--Alternate Score: The Transformation, Alternate Version: "Be Our Guest," Deleted Song: "Human Again,"
    Beauty And The Beast Music Video, Original Demo Recordings With Introduction By Alan Menken
    • The Art--Designing Beauty And The Beast, Art & Design Gallery
    • The Characters--Character Galleries, Animating Beauty And The Beast
    • Pencil Version: The Transformation
    • Animation Tests
    • Setting The Stage
    • Layouts & Background Gallery
    • Tricks Of The Trade
    • Camera Move Test
    • Release & Reaction, Poster & Ad Design, Trailers & TV Spots, Large Format Trailer

[​IMG]

3. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

BOYCOTT!

4. Henry Woo

Henry Woo Agent

Hope you are right Luke. However when I was looking at the detailed listing of extras per the press release on DVDFile, it did not mention any other music video besides that done by the JUMP 5 group. You would think it should be a no-brainer to include the original music video by Bryson/Celine Dion.

5. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

Seeing that this fall's DVD will include more material than even the "Work In Progress" LD, I plan to get the new 2-DVD set...and even if it doesn't include the original Dion/Bryson video for the title song, I'll get it anyway. It certainly will be one worth waiting for...at least we won't have to wait 2-plus years like the "Legend" DVD!

6. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Cinematographer
    Supporter

I think it is worth mentioning that the song will

be on the DVD, at the very least during the final

credits, where it always was.

I remember the video as being nothing

more than Peabo and Celine standing around

in soft focus singing to the sky...is that

really going to be missed?

Not by me.

Mark