What's new

Disney's first 4k title will be.... (1 Viewer)

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Good to see, the writing was on the wall months ago.

Now I can remove them from my blank-list I guess...

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
From James Gunn's Facebook post:

Yes, it's true, & I am UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED to announce that, after a couple of years of me begging and pleading, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will be coming to home video in 4K UltraHD. It will be the FIRST Disney release to be released this way.

4K UltraHD is almost certainly the best way you can see this movie at home - with more definition and the most vibrant colors possible on your home screen, and with the brightest brights and the blackest blacks. A being composed of light truly appears to be a being composed of light! This version is a roiling cinematic river of beauty and I've taken hundreds of hours personally making it look the best it can. This is one of the reasons why LIGHT and COLOR are such important elements of Vol. 2's story, and why we screened the World Premiere in Los Angeles in essentially this format.

And yes for those of you asking, there will also be a 3D home release.

We will soon have lots more exciting announcements about the home release and some unbelievably cool additional content, including something that's so amazing I've been chomping at the bit for months not being able to talk about it!

So more OFFICIAL announcements soon. Be careful what you listen to if it doesn't come from here or Marvel Studios as sometimes things seep out into the world from artwork that isn't finalized, etc.

And have a great Wednesday. Love to you all.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I just hope they have a uhd/3d combo pack. But I'm not holding my breath. I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars more. But lately it seems that retail for uhd discs and 3d blus are the same. As much as I loved this movie I'm not paying double.

I am curious though, did the Dolby vision cinema 2d version in theaters have the shifting aspect ratios? And will the uhd blu?

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Interesting. I guess this confirms that Disney will not be continuing Fox’s tradition of releasing The Sound of Music every five years even for a 4K release, not that I’m necessarily drawn to that format yet.

Also, I must side with Matthew in that they’ve barely done anything with their live-action catalogue, with most of the few they have done only available through their Movie Club (I’m still waiting for a Blu-ray of Darby O’Gill and the Little People with both dubs). I shudder to think how the rest of the Fox catalogue will fare at this rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks