Disney's Dumbo - Bootleg?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian L, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Happened upon this at half.com
    http://www.half.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi...1877&meta_id=3
    A couple things I found odd, particularly that it is listed as all regions. Maybe I am crazy, but I doubt that the Mouse would sell any DVD as "All Regions".
    That said, if this is a bootleg, I am not sure I like the idea that E-Bay is providing a market for piracy. If this is legit, I am sure someone will set me straight.
    Guess my daughter and I will just wait for our pre-order.
    Brian

2. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

Odd, if you scroll down a bit to the DVD features, first feature specified is that the disc is Region 1 [​IMG]
    me thinks that you may have just caught a seller in a out right lie [​IMG] or piracy. either prob not good for his reputation as a seller [​IMG]

3. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

It appears to be legitimate. DVDEmpire, DigitalEyes, and Amazon also have it listed. The only problem is that the Half.com and Amazon listings shows the audio format to be DD5.1 when DVDEmpire says it's DD Stereo and DigitalEyes doesn't say anything about the audio.
    Street date is 10/23/01.
    ------------------
    Bill [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Bill Catherall on August 31, 2001 at 04:58 PM]

4. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Very interesting. When I checked the link this morning, it now states "No items for Sale", but does whow it available as a pre-order.
    The part about it being "Imported" roused my suspicion. I had a feeling it was simply dubbed for VHS. Maybe yes, maybe no.
    I am aware that it is listed at other legit sites as a pre-order. I actually have it pre-ordered from Amazon.
    BL