Disney's "Dinosaur" Redux

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Ok..I got fed up (am I patient or WHAT?!?!)and called Disney customer service again. Thing is, I would see the regular version of this all over and it struck me..DUH...that I am not hearing about issues with the standard version. The extras disc on the C.E. appears fine, so I told Disney to send me a copy of the standard disc and, voila'...works fine.

Now..in the conversation the very nice service rep told me that the C.E. is, indeed, finished and that the customer service center ordered a TON of these to send out as replacements. That remains to be seen. But now I do, finally, have a copy of the movie I can watch!!!!

Thought I would pass this along.

2. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Hey Scooter,
    What was the number you actually called?
    Did I read that correctly...they say the C.E. is actually fixed and ready to go? Oh My Goodness, you mean my kids and I will actually be able to watcht he movie in/on the Main HT downstairs rather than in the Bedroom? What a great improvement!
    Now, if it's true!

3. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    That's what the girl told me. Usually they say the disc is in production and will be available in a few weeks. THIS time, however...I was told they had been ordered. But then, who knows....

The number I called was: 1-800-723-4763

4. DarrenA

DarrenA Second Unit

And for those of us who held off buying this DVD until a fixed version came out, when will these versions be hitting the store shelves?

5. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Thanks Scooter,
    After I posted that reply today, I did a little searching myself and actually came up with the exact same number. However, the guy on the other end of the phone said that particular number is now dedicated to "Atlantis". He did take all my information and tell me that someone would be calling me back VERY soon (we'll see about that now...won't we[​IMG]).
    Again, here's to hoping that I can watch "Dinosaur" downstairs like a proper family should!

6. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

I have the Dinosaur CE and have no problems whatsoever. What was the problem with it?

7. Steve O

Steve O Stunt Coordinator

I don't know about anyone else, but mine locks up several times at around the meteor shower. I need to forward over about a five minute span on the disc. [​IMG]
    This is good news if there is a replacement disc!!! I would really enjoy seeing this movie one time through without touching the remote. [​IMG]
    Please let me know if this is the same problem that others have experienced. Also, let me know if the new DVDs correct this problem (or whatever problems it may have had with other players).

8. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    The ONLY player I could watch the C.E. in without problem was the PS2!!!!

EVERY other player in my house had different problems...too many to mention. Disney has been aware of this since the days leading to street date for this title.

In terms of that number being for Atlantis...what are the problems arising with Atlantis?!?!?!?!?!

9. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    Dinosaur CE plays fine on both my Toshiba SD1200 and my Konka, with the exception of slow loading in the Toshiba. As far as Atlantis goes, it plays fine on both of my players as well.

10. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

It works fine in my Panasonic DV-RV31UK.