What's new

disneyland usa modifications (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I use the word modification instead of censored to avoid long debates about what censored means. But the point is, I strongly suspect that what I watched last night was NOT the original broadcast.

I speak in particular of the Disneyland at night episode where they had the tahitian firespinner and firewalker. At both of these a message flashed on the screen
Professional Stuntman - Do Not Try At Home
or words to that effect.

Did Disney really have those in the original broadcast in 1962? And if not, was it really necessary to add them here. Not too big a deal, but kind of jolting me out of the whole experience of watching it as it was back then.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Man - you are really testing my memory. I'm positive I saw this episode when it was first shown. However, I have no recollection of what you're concerned about - it's been nearly forty years! Whether the warning was part of the original or not, it's no big deal - I don't care.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Alan,

I agree it's not a big deal. I'm curious than anything else. I'm pretty sure I've seen this episode about a year ago on the Disney Channel and that it did not include the warning. But I could be wrong. My only real complaint (besides the obvious pc bs) is that it just kind of takes you out of the moment when watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks