Disney Vault Titles...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Furtek, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Matthew Furtek

Matthew Furtek Stunt Coordinator

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to give people at heads up that the 4 Disney Vault titles are going to be 19.99 at the B & M Disney Stores. Price wasn't on the disneystore.com sight. I'm not sure how many of these stores are still in business, I live in Northern VA and the one in my local mall went OOB, but here in Central VA where I go to school its still in business.

Matthew Furtek

2. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Thanks. I think I may be getting these and that's good to know.

I'd sure like to see a review of them somewhere. Seems like nobody gets advance copies of Disney's stuff these days. I still haven't seen any reviews of last weeks "family" releases.

3. JohnRyan

JohnRyan Stunt Coordinator

A closing of a Disney Store? It wouldn't have anything to do with getting rid of their big people stuff and exclusively selling little kid crap would it? Hmmm....

Anyway, can anybody say for sure whether or not Pollyanna and Parent Trap will be Widescreen? I think the other two will be for sure.

4. JohnRyan

JohnRyan Stunt Coordinator

In case anybody else cared...All four will be released widescreen.

5. Susana Anderton

What are the "4 Disney Vault" titles?

6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    "Old Yeller"

"Swiss Family Robinson"

"Pollyanna"

"The Parent Trap"

Sound like nice releases, but given Disney's recent attitude and scorn toward HT enthusiasts, I think I'll pass.

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Don't pass...BUY WIDESCREEN! And doing so at the Disney Store is an opportunity for you to give the store manager feedback that you buy ALL your movies in widescreen, and you can't wait for more widescreen Muppet movies, etc.

Don't send the wrong message, or just no message at all (if you simply don't buy and don't tell them why, then why in the world would they think they're missing something?).

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm
    Up until recently, I probably would have agreed. But based on the recent discussions about Disney, and the new article that says Disney is perfectly willing to give up the revenue lost from HT enthusiasts on P&S-only releases, I really don't think it makes a difference.

They've apparently made up their minds, so I might as well funnel my $$$ to those who appreciate it. Besides, I have no Disney Stores near me at which to "make a statement."

9. Marc_E

Marc_E Supporting Actor

I am buying all 4 for my daughter. I have actually only seen parent trap but we'll enjoy the others together.

Thanks Disney. Keep the widescreen coming.

Marc

10. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    Does anyone know what these will be at other B and M's? our Disney store closed in January, so I have no idea what they will be elsewhere, I'm getting anxious as dvdempire hasn't shipped them yet, and If i could just find the price (and guarantee that they would be at the b and m's) I'd cancel it very quickly!

Adam

11. Susana Anderton

Does anyone have a clue when (if) Disney will release Cinderella on DVD?

12. Malcolm R

Malcolm

13. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I will of course include these titles in the Weekly Roundup this coming Sunday. No "heads ups" before then, because unless you missed the note that Patrick and Ron had posted there for months (and I'm glad it's finally been allowed to scroll off, so please don't make them revive it!), the HTF can be possibly open for action by named retailers - legal action or otherwise - if sale prices are posted earlier than the week they take effect. So I'll wait until Sunday, so you can keep getting Weekly Roundups. [​IMG]

14. Malcolm R

Malcolm
    According to the various websites, they're all running around the same price point as the Disney stores. But, as Dave said above, we'll have to wait until Sunday to see if there are any "sale" prices.

15. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I'm looking forward to at least three of the Disney releases for next week. Old Yeller, Pooh, and Parent Trap are definite buys. I can't recall ever seeing Swiss Family Robinson, and Pollyanna still gives me nightmares from when I was a kid, so I'm sure about those. Actually, Pollyanna was one of the first two videos my family rented when we got our first VCR (18-20 years ago), and the first video we bought. After our first viewing, Pollyanna became my brother & my least favorite movie of all time, and my sister's favorite. We were shocked the next day to find that my sister had decided to play the movie unsupervised, and managed to get it eaten by the VCR. We were further shocked to find out that, not only did our dad have to pay for the mangled tape, but that it cost $95! Our shock rapidly turned to disgust when we found out that the video could be saved with a little piece of splicing tape, resulting in a nearly imperceptible blip in the picture. So Pollyanna's probably not going to join our DVD library.

Old Yeller, though, is one of our favorites, and the first movie to make my son cry (weep uncontrollably is more like it). Pooh & Parent Trap are mostly for my daughter. She's only 5 months right now, but I'm sure she'll end up loving both. Her room is decorated in Pooh, and she loves her stuffed Pooh, Tigger & Eeyore. Parent Trap is a great movie for little girls, and the fact that is has Maureen O'Hara makes it much more bearable.

Hopefully the B&M stores will have some decent deals on these.

16. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

17. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    FYI, DVDFile posted a review today for The Parent Trap. Sounds like a winner.

18. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

What happens at the end of Ol' Yeller ?

(doh ! sorry - couldn't resist...) No SPOILERS - PLEASE !

19. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Costco has all four of these titles for $17.49!

(Their web-site had previously listed $18.99)

20. Matthew Furtek

Matthew Furtek Stunt Coordinator

Dave,

I think its okay for me to go into a store a week before the release date and ask the sales associate to look up a DVD price and then report back.

Its clear in the original post that Patrick was referring to the sales circular (aka Weekly Round-Up, which I read weekly... and drool over cause I have no funds right now). I didn't obtain the information from a newspaper, but striaght from the source, so no revenue is lost by me fowarding this information.

Matthew Furtek