What's new

Disney Treasures Wave 1&2 at Costco (1 Viewer)

Dave Danek

Stunt Coordinator
It was buried in the weekly roundup (good spot RafaelB!!), so I thought I'd start a separate thread. Costco here in San Francisco is selling a set of the first 7 titles in the Disney Treasures series (without the outer tin cases) for $125. Nice deal considering how much the MM sets were fetching on eBay. Guess Disney figured they should cash in . . .

Dave

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
It is a good deal for those who missed out on them. But, for people looking ot make a killn' on eBay: I doubt they will fetch nearly as much without the tin.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'm totally uninterested in the tins that came with my sets. They are sitting around in a box on a shelf. I have half a mind to buy this new set, put them into the tins, and eBay them off. Those stupid tins appear to be worth $20 each.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The cartoons are a steal at that price, and in the long term will probably be worth twice the money.

The tins are pure crap, IMO.

Tin demand will also be driven by the tin-less overcompressed Chinese bootlegs (with near-identical keepcase packaging). I suspect most bootleg buyers think they are getting legit discs.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I've sent off an email to a couple members of the HTF that have costco memberships, but I've not heard back from them yet. I'm hoping someone could help me out, since I don't have a Costco in my area, and could pick up a set of these for me.

EDIT: I've been taken care of. Thanks, Pat!

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
I have all of the tins already.
I save the tins and move the double disc sets
into silver double dvd cases. The silver color case
matches the silver color jacket.
I wish I could just get the new box that combines all
of them.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Dustin-

Costco had the last two waves in the tins, no reason to think they wouldn't for the third. I purchased my The Complete Goofy (when it came out) for 21.99 at Costco.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread