What's new

Disney Treasues Wave 3 - Due 12/2/03 (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Jerry also states that this short might be available "next time", which I interpret as being included on The Chronological Donald Volume 2.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I believe Commando Duck is one of the few NOT on the disc. They tried not to put any of the Japanese enemy episodes on it. I'm not sure of the final programming though.
If the Donald Duck set only goes up to 1941, then Commando Duck and all the other wartime Donald shorts won't appear until the second Donald collection.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
But it was rumored that Donald's hilarious "Der Furher's Face" short will be on the forthcoming "wartime" set, then if so, it will be skipped in the Chronological volumes.

Personally, I cannot wait for full specs to be announced for all of this year's treasures, but I'm most curious about what the wartime set will contain. "Victory Through Air Power" is confirmed, but I hope such great shorts as "Reason and Emotion" and "Education for Death" are included. There really is a ton of war-related animation that was done by the Disney studio during WW2, some, I understand, less entertaining than you'd expect. But I hope this set is as complete as possible, unless, of course, we'll be getting a Volume 2...

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Larger images:

Walt's Tomorrowland

Chronological Donald

Intreresting to see they reference the fact that Donald is the first volume.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Yeah that's weird since they didn't designate the Mickey Mouse in Living Color set as "Volume One", so I'm wondering how the second upcoming volume will be labeled.

Note that The Chronological Donald is 275 minutes long and Tomorrowland is 240 minutes long. That's probably without the extra features.

I'm guessing the URLs for the other two sets will be http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/mo...s/3174803.html and http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/mo...s/3174703.html but they're not functional at the present.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure they didn't label the Mickey set as "Volume One" because at the time, the Treasures sets were a one-off release. When they sold so well, Disney decided to do further sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks