What's new

Disney Titles - need help on OAR info! (1 Viewer)

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
I've figured out that Widescreen presentation - means an LD transfer - Letterboxed.
However, there are a few titles I'm trying to determine their original OAR.
One of these is Blackbeard's Ghost. Currently released in Fullscreen DVD.
Cannot find any information on www.imdb.com on OAR.
Anyone know?
DVD is ultra bareboned - no trailer, ....

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Probably hard matted at 1.66:1 to 1.75:1 as many of their classic non-scope films were.

Disney is really starting to annoy me. I'm really pissed that some of their enduring classics are getting the shaft.

Dan

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The DVD looked seriously cropped, with horrible framing throughout. I don't know for certain what the original aspect ratio, but it definitely seems wider than 1.33:1. Plus, the DVD has absolutely horrible video quality. You can see the poor framing in some of the screencaps I used for the review I did on my site.

Chris M

Second Unit
My wife mentioned that if "Blackbeard's Ghost" ever comes out on DVD, to let her know. So I read the review and told her it was coming out, but she might as well get the VHS copy for the quality and lack of extras the DVD has.
So terrible Disney.
Remember: Call them! 1-800-72-Disney
and email them [email protected]
to tell them your outrage at their handling of such titles as Blackbeard's Ghost, Muppet Treasure Island, Snowdogs, etc!
Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks