What's new

Disney the classics, animated and non animated? (1 Viewer)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I want them to start putting the Ghibli films out on BD. Totoro, Mononoke, Nausicaa, even Pompoko — they have done some very good DVD releases, but I want them in High Definition. They did the HD transfers, so what's the hold-up?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Snow White and Beauty and the Beast already got their Platinum series DVD releases a few years back.

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

good call on that set of releases.

so now we have total of 6 official classics on the schedule.
Too bad it won't be more then 2 a year.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

I am thrilled that these titles are coming to Blu-ray! :emoji_thumbsup:

I can not wait to own Pinocchio, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast and Fantasia. That is long as they give us a really good transfer and the sound is decent. I do not exspect the world from the older movies though as I would bet it is going to be tough to find prestine masters to transfer the titles to Blu-ray.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Some non-animated classics (and mixed) classics would be nice too like Mary Poppins (didn't they promise that one a while back?).

Xylon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex L
I got his from the Enchanted Blu-ray preview:

The original cap is actually flipped from the stream file so I have to adjust it.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I'm sure they are coming. They're not on the same "schedule" as the fully animated classics.

Personally, of the live action stuff, Mary Poppins and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea are at the top of my list.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I'd add to that Swiss Family Robinson and Old Yeller. It'll sure be time to get the dancing bananas out when those are announced.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Eric F

Screenwriter
Old Yeller. Oh lord. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: Hehe. I haven't seen that since I was a little tyke. Wow, I think I'd rather watch Bambi vs Godzilla. At least it's shorter and to the point.;)

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Could anyone compare this capture to the platinum dvd? The colors of that one were too bright, and I'd like to see if these are any different. From what I can see, they are less bright, but I just want to be sure, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks