What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It used to be less restrictive - All The President’s Men is PG and has something like a dozen f-bombs in it.
All the President's Men was actually initially rated R specifically because of all the f-bombs. But the movie came out less than two years after Nixon's resignation and Warner Bros. successfully argued that the movie should be accessible to schoolchildren because it had educational value for understanding current events. The ratings board relented and the appeal was successful.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Regarding use of the “f” word. If its used as an adjective a few times it’s ok for PG or PG13.

when it’s used as a verb it’s an automatic “R”.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Here's some news:

US:
The Peanuts Movie will be coming to the service on August 7th
Just a week later, on August 14th, The Greatest Showman will make its debut on D+

EUROPE:
Disney has started making 4K and Atmos available in Europe. As you know, due to the pandemic, many streaming companies limited the bitrate and streaming quality of their content. As the situation in Europe is starting to cool down a bit, Disney has started making the 4K and Atmos options available again.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
For the same inexplicable reason they have most of their own titles under lock and key.
Basically Disney are not supporters of physical media anymore and are highly unlikely to start supporting blu ray etc again. They are pushing their Disney Plus streaming service. End of an era for us collectors on Disney titles with one or two exceptions ( Marvel Star Wars etc)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Basically Disney are not supporters of physical media anymore and are highly unlikely to start supporting blu ray etc again. They are pushing their Disney Plus streaming service. End of an era for us collectors on Disney titles with one or two exceptions ( Marvel Star Wars etc)
And their catalog titles getting UHD releases, and their Disney Club featured titles. They will always carry something for us physical media junkies.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve noticed that CBS All Access rates episodes individually rather than by series, which brings up an interesting conundrum - if you’re doing a serialized shows and half are TV-14 and half are TV-MA (as was the case with some of the new Star Trek) you might as well call them all TV-MA. They have a situation now where a parent might decide to let their children start a show and then discover that a key episode isn’t appropriate for the kids and then be stuck in a position where they can’t continue watching something they started.
getting off-topic, but this is normal isn’t it? I watch a lot of “TV” and episodes are always rated individually.

Practically speaking, when an episode of The Americans (FX) announced it was rated MA-LSV, I knew it was going to be a good one! :)

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Will get FOX classic films streaming anywhere ?

Hard to say at this point. As of this post, the only vintage Fox titles on Disney+ are the original Miracle on 34th Street, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Sound of Music, and Hello, Dolly! (Please let me know if I’m forgetting any titles).

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Hard to say at this point. As of this post, the only vintage Fox titles on Disney+ are the original Miracle on 34th Street, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Sound of Music, and Hello, Dolly! (Please let me know if I’m forgetting any titles).
Oh I'm sure they will :laugh:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
IMG_0017.jpeg

Just finished watching this

Absolutely, the most incredible Broadway show I have ever seen. The choreography, lyrics, music were all just spectacular.

Great 4k presentation with some nice Atmos effects

Going to watch this again tomorrow. Completely blown away! It exceeded my expectations and they were very high!​

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
View attachment 75012

Just finished watching this

Absolutely, the most incredible Broadway show I have ever seen. The choreography, lyrics, music were all just spectacular.

Great 4k presentation with some nice Atmos effects

Going to watch this again tomorrow. Completely blown away! It exceeded my expectations and they were very high!​
Yeah, I was about 15 minutes in before I stopped watching it to save it for tomorrow. Something tells me, that I'll be drawn back to it before this day is out.:D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Need to checkout Hulu too as Disney owns most of that streaming service.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Yeah, I was about 15 minutes in before I stopped watching it to save it for tomorrow. Something tells me, that I'll be drawn back to it before this day is out.:D

Well, the declaration that we had become independent was formally made on July 2nd, and John Adams wrote to his wife in Mass that a yearly celebration should take place on the 2nd, but it took 2 days for revisions to be made and printing presses to print the damn thing, so that made people attribute it to the 4th, so...

I say if you want to watch it on the 3rd go ahead ;)

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
We plan on watching it this evening. Hey. today is the observed holiday for all the working stiffs, so it's almost like watching it on the 4th. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks