What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll watch but damn...I can't imagine why Best wants to be part of the SW universe again after the anger and hate he got, as an actor, for Jar Jar. (Aside from the paycheck...)
After speaking about how he contemplated suicide, alot of SW fans have rallied around Best. That's not to say that everyone loves Jar Jar now but after 20 years, alot of them have finally stopped taking it out on him.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Today I watched the 1953 Disney documentary Living Desert, a "True Life Adventure" that I think I last saw in my elementary school when I was about ten. Still good stuff! It's David Attenborough stuff done Disney style, and in fact I'm guessing that DA watched this stuff when he was a kid/young man. The picture quality is very good on this restored film.

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Now they just need to fix the Dolby Atmos issue on The Mandalorian across all platforms. Of my three streaming devices, Roku is the only one that offers Atmos on this title; Apple TV and Fire TV are still only 5.1!!

The app for LG smart TVs is the same: 5.1 DD only.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Does Disney+ have all of the True-Life Adventures (shorts and features)?
They have all 7 of the full length feature True Life Adventures but so far 0 of the six 30-35 minute shorts.:
The Living Desert (1953)
The Vanishing Prairie (1954)
The African Lion (1955)
The Secrets of Life (1956)
Perri (1957) Unofficial entry in the series
The White Wilderness (1958)
The Jungle Cat (1960)

The 6 shorts were done between 1948-1953 and probably need remastering

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
They have all 7 of the full length feature True Life Adventures but so far 0 of the six 30-35 minute shorts.:
The Living Desert (1953)
The African Lion (1955)
The Jungle Cat (1960)

Thanks for the information.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The Living Desert (1953)
The African Lion (1955)
The Jungle Cat (1960)

Also for what it’s worth Secrets of Life is the flat version only, not the one that expands to CinemaScope for the final reel.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Watched the new episode of The Imagineering Story, and I was pleasantly surprised at how the episode was sometimes critical of how mismanagement by Eisner and others damaged the Disney theme-park brand. Eisner did this by making the relatively low-cost "California Adventure" park in California, as well as a low cost one in Paris, and another low-cost one in Hong Kong. California Adventure was built on land that used to be a parking lot, but one senior Imagineer said after it was finished that maybe they should have just left it a parking lot. It was implied that Walt Disney himself would have gone all-out and built something special, but that 20 years ago management was trying to do Disney magic on a low-cost budget—and it just wasn't working very well. The episode is called "Hit and Miss," and I guess the hit was the Disney cruise line, which is detailed earlier in the episode.

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
How many episodes of that series are there? I’ve been enjoying its historical perspective

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I had trouble watching the Day at Disney program because it felt like a Bob Iger infomercial. I turned it off after about 5 minutes because it felt uncomfortable watching Disney employees laughing at the jokes of the CEO. Perhaps I'll go back to it later.

The 5th episode of Imagineers was better, but still had a bit of the Bob Iger promo feel.

When Walt Disney did promos it was clear imho he was doing promos about the project more than a promo for himself. Walt's successors aren't quite able to capture that feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks