What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
So to confirm, there is no original MMC? Is that correct?
They have the 1st 5 episodes of Season one of Mickey Mouse Club so far. Hopefully there will be more.
They have the complete 1st season of Spin and Marty
They have 3 or 4 episodes of the wonderful world of Disney but not under that title they under the title of the episode.
They have one of the two Zorro movies that was a compilation of episodes but not the actual series.
So a little slim for classic TV right now but the fact that there is some hopefully means there will be more.
I would love to see seasons of WWoD, MMC, the rest of Spin and Marty, Moochie of the Little League, The Hardy Boys and the two seasons of Zorro.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does anyone with an LG tv notice that the smart remote point and click functionality doesn’t work with Disney+ and you have to use the arrow keys to navigate. Just to check, I went to Nexflix and the point and click worked fine.

Other thoughts, I watched the Mandolorian. Looked mostly good but still had some blockiness with some of the dark scenes (LG 65” on LAN connection 4K Dolby Vision). Sampled the OT for a few minutes. This service could really use chapter stops on movies, it’s hard to precisely FF and rewind to desired spots.

I noticed the issue with the smart remote after you mentioned it. Switching over to using navigation keys was pretty well an unconscious move so I never really took much notice of the deficiency.So far, I haven't noticed any blockiness with the stuff I have watched. The biggest problem with the app is that it downconverts all Dolby audio to DD, not even DD TrueHD or DD+ but old school DD.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I personally love the service. There's just so much stuff I want to watch, and stuff I have missed, or didn't have available for viewing that it will take me months if not years to watch everything I want to.

Is there room for improvement? Of course. I need to be able to tell what I've watched last and where I am with watching a TV show for example. A continue watching section would be very helpful as well.

One thing that I don't understand is why there are people over here who constantly grump about stuff not being available. Not everything can and will be available on day 1. That's a live service, they need to have content to add onto the service to keep people guessing and looking forward to new stuff.

Also, one more thing, I was looking forward to revisiting the 90s Disney Channel TV films just for nostalgia's sake. They promised that the first 100 DCOMs will be available, but the very first, Under Wraps, isn't on the service. That's kinda odd..

Anyway, more than happy with D+. Love the service and can't wait to keep on exploring the vast amount of stuff once I get back from work.
So I guess you don’t understand yourself, then. :D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The Simpsons OAR coming in 2020
https://apple.news/AbWCNOvp0QFG3EVcJoHKaVg

(sorry if this is a repost :))

that’s good news. However I remember FX Simpsons world gave the option of original 4:3 but I think eventually yanked them (at least when I watched a few episodes recently on FX NOW via Firestick, there was no obvious way to opt for 4:3). My guess is that 98% of viewers didn’t care and were fine with cropped 16:9.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
I apologize if this question has already been answered but at least through page 56 of this thread does not appear to answer it.

what happens if I am watching a particular show and someone else on my family starts watching it on another device? Or if I quit in the middle of something and someone else starts it?

I like the ability for the app to remember where I’m at. On the other hand if my daughter starts watching something, I don’t want to be moved to her position

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I apologize if this question has already been answered but at least through page 56 of this thread does not appear to answer it.

what happens if I am watching a particular show and someone else on my family starts watching it on another device? Or if I quit in the middle of something and someone else starts it?

I like the ability for the app to remember where I’m at. On the other hand if my daughter starts watching something, I don’t want to be moved to her position
If you have set up separate profiles for you and your daughter, you will each get progression saved separately.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeh it’s just like on Hulu you can have separate profiles for one’s own viewing.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The OG DuckTales is there, and all the episodes at that.

Really. That’s good and I stand corrected then. I saw the new series on there but didn’t find the original (granted I didn’t look super hard, but didn’t find a thumbnail for it).And good that it’s complete as the series was never completed on DVD.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They have the 1st 5 episodes of Season one of Mickey Mouse Club so far. Hopefully there will be more.
They have the complete 1st season of Spin and Marty
They have 3 or 4 episodes of the wonderful world of Disney but not under that title they under the title of the episode.
They have one of the two Zorro movies that was a compilation of episodes but not the actual series.
So a little slim for classic TV right now but the fact that there is some hopefully means there will be more.
I would love to see seasons of WWoD, MMC, the rest of Spin and Marty, Moochie of the Little League, The Hardy Boys and the two seasons of Zorro.

My guess is that when they made the Treasures DVD sets, that they created new HD masters of that material at that time and that’s what we’re seeing on the service.

I was planning on revisiting Spin & Marty soon anyway, so I’m going to make a point of watching it on D+ instead of DVD to hopefully show them that there are interested viewers.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Does anyone with an LG tv notice that the smart remote point and click functionality doesn’t work with Disney+ and you have to use the arrow keys to navigate. Just to check, I went to Nexflix and the point and click worked fine.

Other thoughts, I watched the Mandolorian. Looked mostly good but still had some blockiness with some of the dark scenes (LG 65” on LAN connection 4K Dolby Vision). Sampled the OT for a few minutes. This service could really use chapter stops on movies, it’s hard to precisely FF and rewind to desired spots.

Will:

I have an LG smart television and I am noticing the same exact issue: the smart remote point and click functionality does not work with Disney+ and you have to use the arrow keys to navigate.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
My only other complaints so far are that they are using the truncated 112-minutes version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks from their most recent Enchanted Musical Edition Blu-ray rather than the 139-minute version from the 30th Anniversary Edition DVD (which I own)

This is what Mr. Browne meant by "regret[ting] lost opportunities later." My other worst fear about this service has been realized.

Last edited:

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Really. That’s good and I stand corrected then. I saw the new series on there but didn’t find the original (granted I didn’t look super hard, but didn’t find a thumbnail for it).And good that it’s complete as the series was never completed on DVD.

The original series was completed on DVD last year. Volume 4 was released in September 2018.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I would think DIsney+ would be the perfect place to put up the long version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks to offer folks the choice of the shorter or longer versions. I'm glad I still have my DVD. Is it because it might not be mastered in HD that they didn't offer the longer cut on the service?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I would think DIsney+ would be the perfect place to put up the long version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks to offer folks the choice of the shorter or longer versions. I'm glad I still have my DVD. Is it because it might not be mastered in HD that they didn't offer the longer cut on the service?
The 139 minute version is mastered in HD, but just no digital cleanup. It is still available on iTunes to those who purchased it before the Blu-ray version came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks