What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Pretty sure I tried that...exited all the way out back to the D+ home screen, then drilled back down to the Mandolorian, but I will give it another shot.
Not back to the Home screen, but back one page to the title page. However, TV shows may be different.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I'm watching right now The World According to Jeff Goldblum. I'm a Goldblum fan, and it's amusing to even watch him read the phone book imho. Anyway, low budget, but some good info and a solid host, making this a show I'll probably watch (although sometimes in the background depending on time).

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Does Disney+ presently offer The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, and if so, is it the movie, the three TV episodes, or both?
It does not. In fact that preview video Disney released last month that showed everything that was going to be on the service was pretty accurate. People were saying "oh that's just a sampling, there's bound to be more" There wasn't any more. Tons of classic Disney movies are nowhere to be found.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It does not. In fact that preview video Disney released last month that showed everything that was going to be on the service was pretty accurate. People were saying "oh that's just a sampling, there's bound to be more" There wasn't any more. Tons of classic Disney movies are nowhere to be found.

Like? Snow White, Fantasia, Aristocats, Dumbo, Cinderella, Pinocchio, 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Robin Hood, Alice in Wonderland, Sword and the Stone, Rescuers, Fun and Fancy Free, Three Caballeros, Saludos Amigos, Melody Time, Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Fox and the Hound, Frozen, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Big Hero Six, Tangled, Black Cauldron, Oliver and Company, Rescuers Down Under, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Mulan, Dinosaur, Emperor's New Groove (and I know I'm missing some)...all show up in the search. Or are you talking about live action movies?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Like? Snow White, Fantasia, Aristocats, Dumbo, Cinderella, Pinocchio, 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Robin Hood, Alice in Wonderland, Sword and the Stone, Rescuers, Fun and Fancy Free, Three Caballeros, Saludos Amigos, Melody Time, Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Fox and the Hound, Frozen, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Big Hero Six, Tangled, Black Cauldron, Oliver and Company, Rescuers Down Under, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Mulan, Dinosaur, Emperor's New Groove (and I know I'm missing some)...all show up in the search. Or are you talking about live action movies?
I'm talking classic live action from Walt's era. In Crawdaddy's discussion thread I made a list of titles that were missing from that promo and sure enough, none of them are on the service. https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4791739/

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification on what you meant.

I'd still contend they're not on there yet, but what do I know. And I'm not gonna get into the debate about what might be coming in the future. They're not there right now. I understand the point.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Ack! Just found my first disappointment with the service: Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin. The first thing you see is a placard "This film has been modified from its original version. It has been edited for content" I wonder how many more movies have this disclaimer? Most of what I've seen so far start with a warning in the upper left corner warning about tobacco smoking or something, but this is the first that I've found to be censored. I guess whatever was in it was so objectionable they felt that they had no choice.
So I actually compared Bullwhip Griffin to my DVD and the runtime is exactly the same down to the second. Also the description on Disney+ states "This program is presented as originally created. It may contain outdated cultural depictions" which is in direct contrast to the placard stating "this program has been edited for content." So unless there was a dubbed word or two or a digital manipulation, I don't believe any change was actually made.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
and not automatically restart at the beginning of the movie every time.
I just watched two different movies on two different ATV4K units and each movie started playing again at the exact place in which I left each movie. Again, each movie was stopped on one ATV4K unit and then restarted again on another ATV4K unit without restarting from the beginning of the movie. The two movies in which neither lost their place despite being played on two different ATV4K units were "The Phantom Menace" and "Swiss Family Robinson" (1940).

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just watched two different movies on two different ATV4K units and each movie started playing again at the exact place in which I left each movie. Again, each movie was stopped on one ATV4K unit and then restarted again on another ATV4K unit without restarting from the beginning of the movie. The two movies in which neither lost their place despite being played on two different ATV4K units were "The Phantom Menace" and "Swiss Family Robinson" (1940).
OK, I would have to try it with more content. I noticed it not starting in the middle of a movie I was partially done watching.

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams

Snow White, Fantasia, Aristocats, Dumbo, Cinderella, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Robin Hood, Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Emperor's New Groove ARE ALL THERE. The Sword in the Stone, The Black Cauldron, Tangled, Big Hero Six, The Lion King, Frozen and others are even in 4K. In fact, I was unable to confirm that anything on your list ISN'T there. I simply got tired of verifying. And none of them were difficult to find.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
OK, I would have to try it with more content. I noticed it not starting in the middle of a movie I was partially done watching.
Yesterday, I even watched a part of "Bambi" on one of my Roku units then started watching Disney+ again, but, on ATV4K unit and the movie picked up exactly at the point that I shut it off on my Roku nit.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Too bad they didn't put "Star versus The Forces of Evil" on it. I would have liked to check that one out after finishing up with "Gravity Falls". I think SvTFoE is still running on Disney XD so not likely to show up on this service until it is cancelled.

So far "Gravity Falls" gets thumbs up from me. I think it is better than "The Mandalorian".

Edit: I should add the app for LG Smart TVs has been pretty stable. It does get the odd subtitle popping up for some reason. Then they disappear. It happens a bit randomly. It has worked pretty well, other than that and the fact that it does not support the latest audio codecs. I can deal with that for the time being.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Snow White, Fantasia, Aristocats, Dumbo, Cinderella, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Robin Hood, Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Emperor's New Groove ARE ALL THERE. The Sword in the Stone, The Black Cauldron, Tangled, Big Hero Six, The Lion King, Frozen and others are even in 4K. In fact, I was unable to confirm that anything on your list ISN'T there. I simply got tired of verifying. And none of them were difficult to find.

I think Jason was making the point that all the films he listed WERE available on D+.

Exactly, Mike, and thank you. When Mark mentioned classics, I automatically went to animated classics and didn't check out the live action.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
On the animated side (or mixed Animation) the only Featured Titles I found missing were.

Song of the South - knew of course this one wasn't going to be there
Make Mine Music -- thought this was going to be there
Victory Through Air Power

I never really looked in detail at the list. I'm still pretty impressed by the amount of stuff that is there rather than what's missing. One of these days I'll go through the list of Disney Films and do a checklist

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Not sure what the point is to show movies on the list of all movies available only to find out when you click on them that due to existing contracts it won't be available on Disney + for 3 months to over a year from now. Films like Mary Poppins Returns, Thor Ragnarok, Christopher Robin. and Avengers Infinity War. All you get is a trailer and the opportunity to add the movie to your watch list.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not sure what the point is to show movies on the list of all movies available only to find out when you click on them that due to existing contracts it won't be available for 3 months to over a year from now. Films like Mary Poppins Returns, Thor Ragnarok, and Christopher Robin.
It's better than not knowing anything except the movie is not available. Now, we at least know why a film is not available at this time and when it's going to be available to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks