What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Do the Cc always come on for anyone else?

I don’t see anything that keeps them off.

It is auto on for everything I’ve watched.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Do the Cc always come on for anyone else?

I don’t see anything that keeps them off.

It is auto on for everything I’ve watched.

On Apple TV? Swipe down from the top while watching a show to access subtitle settings.

That will make sure they aren't on at start.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
On Apple TV? Swipe down from the top while watching a show to access subtitle settings
I know that, I’m saying that the sub are always on for anything that I start watching on D+.
I don’t need it to always be on at the start.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I know that, I’m saying that the sub are always on for anything that I start watching on D+.
I don’t need it to always be on at the start.

...which is why I'm brainstorming ideas to help you turn them off.

How about making sure your settings are correct at a system level?

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I didn’t mean to sound snarky.

I turn them off each time I start a show but each time I start a new show the subs(cc) is on again.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
You're rolling the dice if you restart it again. Might fix your cc problem but what if Atmos disappears again. Which problem do you like more, cc or no Atmos! /sarcasm

About to clock out at work and go check out some Star Wars in 4K!!!

All the available Marvel movies look like they are in 4K as well, which is a nice upgrade over what I had in iTunes (I had only purchased a handful in 4K).

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
I just set up my account at home and nothing is coming through in 4K. I'm using the latest Roku streaming stick, and I stream 4K all the time from other apps. All I see is "HD 5.1" on all the titles, even the ones that are supposed to stream 4K. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wasn't impressed at all with "The Phantom Menace" will that movie ever look good?

The original trilogy looks amazing though.
I'm half way through "The Phantom Menace" and I haven't noticed anything egregious with the 4K Dolby Vision presentation.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I just set up my account at home and nothing is coming through in 4K. I'm using the latest Roku streaming stick, and I stream 4K all the time from other apps. All I see is "HD 5.1" on all the titles, even the ones that are supposed to stream 4K. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
Is your display HDR capable? If not, that seems to be a fluke with the app on Roku for the moment, as I'm having that issue on my older LG UHD that was pre-HDR. Interestingly, the Fire Stick 4K I have connected to the same LG display is showing 4K UHD (no HDR) in the Disney+ app.

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
Is your display HDR capable? If not, that seems to be a fluke with the app on Roku for the moment, as I'm having that issue on my older LG UHD that was pre-HDR. Interestingly, the Fire Stick 4K I have connected to the same LG display is showing 4K UHD (no HDR) in the Disney+ app.

HDR10 only, but yes. I watch HDR content on Vudu (and recently Netflix). Now, to be honest I don't see much difference and I don't quite understand what the big deal is, but my TV isn't top tier by any means.

I checked out the new master of Star Wars: A New Hope and it looks great, it's an obvious upgrade from the old version even at 1080p, but I'd love to see it at full res.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving to subscribe, when I'm ready to start my pre-Rise of Skywalker rewatch of all the films, since I never bought the prequels on Blu-Ray. I'll probably build in enough time to sandwich the first season of "The Mandalorian" in between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Watched The Mandalorian in 4k UHD Dolby vision with my whole family of Star Wars fans. We liked it!

Previously my daughter and I enjoyed the Lady and the Tramp remake. The original 1955 movie is a favorite that I'd rate "A+", but this remake has some laughs, nice production values, and is a solid "B+".

But after those two, there's not a lot of first-class new drama content as of now on Disney+. Yes, they have an awesome library, but compared to the number of big budget original shows on Netflix the offerings are thin. I will almost certainly watch the documentary series on Imagineering, even though it sounds like parts of it are an extended Disney advertisement for their parks. The service is a great value for me at less than $5 a month, andI feel I've already gotten full value just this month from the first two things we've watched. But I'm glad it's not c. $15 like Netflix at this point, because Disney+ doesn't yet have the new content to support a price level like that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If Disney+ is more for family entertainment then they're not comparable to NetFlix at all. Furthermore, Disney+ just launched today while Netflix has been at it for several years. We'll see how things shake out, but, if Disney+ is going to stick to family entertainment then I think there is no comparison to Netflix.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
For those in the know - during what time of the Star Wars saga is "The Mandalorian" supposed to take place?

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
We watched the first episode of The Mandalorian. I thought it showed some promise. Will definitely be checking out subsequent episodes. Are the episodes going to be released weekly?

I also watched Captain Marvel, as I had not seen that film yet. I'm glad I didn't buy it on disc, as I doubt I will want to re-watch it.

Both programs played fine in Dolby Vision via my Apple TV 4K. I have not tried to play anything on my Roku devices yet.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We watched the first episode of The Mandalorian. I thought it showed some promise. Will definitely be checking out subsequent episodes. Are the episodes going to be released weekly?

I also watched Captain Marvel, as I had not seen that film yet. I'm glad I didn't buy it on disc, as I doubt I will want to re-watch it.

Both programs played fine in Dolby Vision via my Apple TV 4K. I have not tried to play anything on my Roku devices yet.
Weekly, after one more episode on Friday of this week.

I'm sorry you didn't like "Captain Marvel" as I enjoy that movie quite a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks